Series: Final Fantasy
Game: Final Fantasy X
Console: PlayStation 2
Title: Calm Before the Storm
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

Here I am again, eradicating the terrible FFX section on-site.

Maelstrom

I only have one comment, everything else is excellent.

You have a number of place where it's somewhat clear that the RH is intended to pick up a LH note while the LH plays something lower, but there's no marking to indicate that. Is it supposed to be purely implied instead of explicit?

Adress this and I approve

Libera

My intention was that it was purely implied, as I thought that all of the cases of it were fairly clear but if there are any that you think could do with being more explicit I can maybe change things.

Thanks for checking!

Latios212

I think it's clearly enough implied as is. There's not much else you could interpret those places as.

Anyway, looks great! I only found a couple of things:
- The last note of the lower layer in LH of m. 15 should be F-GB 16th notes leading into the Gn in m. 16. Similar to m. 34 (actually I would suggest spelling them both with Gb)
- One thing that stuck out to me as strange is the change of contour in the left hand pattern in m. 22-27 (beat 1.5). Is there a reason you're not using the lower notes (i.e. F in m. 22 and lower Eb in m. 23)?
- I'd recommend a courtesy flat on the low G in m. 38 (it "looks" like Gn is striking twice in a row)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Files have been updated.

Quote from: Latios212 on June 30, 2019, 12:35:23 PM- The last note of the lower layer in LH of m. 15 should be F-GB 16th notes leading into the Gn in m. 16. Similar to m. 34 (actually I would suggest spelling them both with Gb)

Nice catch.  We had a bit of a chat about this on discord and I think that writing it with F# makes the most sense and is the least likely to be prone to sight reading errors as an added bonus but I can see why you might write it as Gb.

Quote from: Latios212 on June 30, 2019, 12:35:23 PM- One thing that stuck out to me as strange is the change of contour in the left hand pattern in m. 22-27 (beat 1.5). Is there a reason you're not using the lower notes (i.e. F in m. 22 and lower Eb in m. 23)?

Not a good reason that I can see, fixed.  Although I left it as a Dn in bar 26 since it's nicer that way than it is with the repeated F.

Quote from: Latios212 on June 30, 2019, 12:35:23 PM- I'd recommend a courtesy flat on the low G in m. 38 (it "looks" like Gn is striking twice in a row)

Sure why not.

Thanks for checking!

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta