NinSheetMusic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Author Topic: Inquiry: what octave is this song (singing) in?  (Read 271 times)

• Bombchu Bolero
    • View Profile
    • Email
Inquiry: what octave is this song (singing) in?
« on: July 27, 2019, 12:18:44 PM »

Hi, it's me again!

Is there anyone here who can tell in what octave a human voice is singing? I can usually tell myself, but there's this one song where I can't figure it out: https://youtu.be/3bbgvA70Cjc If I sing it low, the verses seem too low, but if I sing it high, the refrain seems too high... I hope someone can help me out, as every time I sing this song I struggle. :P

Dekkadeci

• Hyrule Hymn
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Inquiry: what octave is this song (singing) in?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 06:31:13 PM »

Yup, just as I suspected from your description of the song,  this song jumps octaves between the verse and the chorus. I'd say the verse starts on the D# below Middle C and the chorus starts on the D# above Middle C. I feel that their tonics are similarly 1 octave apart from each other.

• Bombchu Bolero
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Inquiry: what octave is this song (singing) in?
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 03:05:07 PM »

Yup, just as I suspected from your description of the song,  this song jumps octaves between the verse and the chorus. I'd say the verse starts on the D# below Middle C and the chorus starts on the D# above Middle C. I feel that their tonics are similarly 1 octave apart from each other.
I'd say the verse starts on F#, actually, although I suppose you mean the extra note for the extra syllable in the second verse. Low it is, then. That is quite low for the verses!

Page created in 0.278 seconds with 22 queries.