News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Is there anyone that can rip GBA midis?

Started by Jack, August 04, 2019, 11:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Is there anyone out there that has the means to rip GBA midis? If so, I would love it if someone could grab the midi files for Banjo-Pilot - I'm a fan of that soundtrack and would love to get some of the tracks on site. I've heard of tools that can do that type of thing, but I've never had any luck finding a way to get them. I'll be doing some Banjo-Pilot stuff with or without the midis, but I thought I'd check if anyone could get them before I start.

Thanks a bunch
-Jack

WaluigiTime64

In regards to this site, it is generally frowned upon to use other midis (extracted from the game or otherwise) as the main base for the arrangement, as it takes away from any challenge that would usually arise from the transcription process (and thus, you don't get much out of doing it :P). You can use them to double check after you're finished with an arrangement though.

In regards to the topic, programs like VGMTrans are used for extracting this data. I hear there is also one called GBAmusriper but I have yet to use it. Just note that if the game does not use the Sappy audio engine, almost no program will work for it, except if there is one specifically designed for that game (which I'm doubting is the case for Banjo Pilot lol). GBA music extraction is bothersome like that.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Jack

Alright - I'll definitely give VGMTrans a try - and I won't be using midi files as a base for my arrangements (though I probably won't have a choice with Banjo-Pilot :D)

Maelstrom

A note: VGMtrans is for ds roms only. GBA midi rippers can be a bit lackluster, in my experience.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 05, 2019, 07:27:04 AMA note: VGMtrans is for ds roms only.
Another note: This is wrong. VGMtrans is also capable of converting data from SPC files (SNES music files) and with the right forks, BRSAR/etc. files (Wii music files). From what I can remember, it did work with Mario Kart: Super Circuit as well, though I may be forgetting something.

Still remember to try out other programs too.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Maelstrom

yo
what

ok I need to try some  stuff then