News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[NES] Hana no Star Kaidou - "Track 16" by Jacopo Tore & Andrea Licheri

Started by Zeta, December 05, 2019, 07:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Hana no Star Kaidou
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Track 16
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arrangers: Jacopo Tore & Andrea Licheri

[attachment deleted by admin]

JacopoTore

LeviR.star

Quote from: JacopoTore on December 05, 2019, 07:52:12 AMHope you can help me with composer and title <3 thanks guys

Once again, Jacopo, you are going to have to do these things yourself. You can't just give us an hour-long video with no timestamps and expect us to find the original; that's not how submissions are supposed to operate, as that can take up a lot of updaters' free time, which many of them lack. Please understand that they and other arrangers like me want to help you, but you are making things more difficult for us than they need to be.

I found a source on Zophar's Domain that provides the entire OST, but its "Track 16" is the "Track 15" you transcribed, so I'm not sure where you got that from. You will have to find a suitable name for the song; "Track 16" is not an acceptable title. Your sheets cannot be labeled as "Track #", please start acknowledging this!

As for the composer, I can't find anything. This game is so ridiculously obscure that I can't even find a longplay of the game, but even if I could, I doubt that there would be in-game credits (which would be in Japanese, anyway), because I can't find information on that, either.

Once again: I want to help you, and the updaters want to, too. But these kinds of things should not be their job to find, so if you continue to submit sheets from relatively undiscovered games, please do the proper research instead of leaving it to them.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

OK, before I delve into the sheet itself, I have a few statements:
Quote from: LeviR.star on December 05, 2019, 08:42:55 AMOnce again, Jacopo, you are going to have to do these things yourself. You can't just give us an hour-long video with no timestamps and expect us to find the original; that's not how submissions are supposed to operate, as that can take up a lot of updaters' free time, which many of them lack. Please understand that they and other arrangers like me want to help you, but you are making things more difficult for us than they need to be.
A lot of these more obscure NES games don't have individual videos on YouTube for each track, and to be quite frank, a majority of people don't know a lot about other websites like Zophar's Domain and KH Insider. A full tracklist video is fine, but it should have timestamps (like this one).

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 05, 2019, 08:42:55 AMYou will have to find a suitable name for the song; "Track 16" is not an acceptable title. Your sheets cannot be labeled as "Track #", please start acknowledging this!
Titling sheets is not an exact science. "Track #" is fine (in my opinion, it's analogous to "Sonata #" or "Symphony #"). If there is a more descriptive title that could be used (such as Dungeon Theme or something), that is usually preferred (I would do something like "Track # (Name)"). What matters is that there is consistency between other sheets from the same game.

OK, onto feedback for the sheet itself:
  • All quarter notes should be staccato, and the tied 8th notes should not be tied (2nd 8th note should be a rest instead).
  • If you can't find a composer, I would put "Composed by Victor Interactive Software".
  • As Levi stated, this is actually Track 16.

Latios212

Quote from: Static on December 06, 2019, 03:20:34 PMTitling sheets is not an exact science. "Track #" is fine (in my opinion, it's analogous to "Sonata #" or "Symphony #"). If there is a more descriptive title that could be used (such as Dungeon Theme or something), that is usually preferred (I would do something like "Track # (Name)"). What matters is that there is consistency between other sheets from the same game.
Just to comment on this real quick - yes, as Levi said, please do your research to see if there are any more descriptive titles. Track number should only be used if there is really no information available.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Quote from: JacopoTore on December 17, 2019, 09:17:28 AMDid it

As in you did the research?

Other than the name the only thing I see here is that the copyright should be https and it's not currently aligned to the bottom margin.

Code_Name_Geek

Just popping in to say that Victor Interactive Software was only established in 1996. This game being from 1987, it was actually developed and published by Victor Music Industries, Inc., who handled all media distribution prior to the creation of a specific video game subsidiary (Victor Interactive Software) through a merge with the game company Pack-In-Video. Here is another source supporting this which labels the publisher as Victor Musical Industries (I think an alternate translation of the company's Japanese name).

I took a quick look around for a composer by searching the Japanese title and was also unable to find one. If I had to guess, it may have been composed by the team who programmed it (a common enough occurrence in the earlier days of the game industry). As others have said, putting the company name there is probably the best bet.

JacopoTore

Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on December 17, 2019, 02:40:28 PMJust popping in to say that Victor Interactive Software was only established in 1996. This game being from 1987, it was actually developed and published by Victor Music Industries, Inc., who handled all media distribution prior to the creation of a specific video game subsidiary (Victor Interactive Software) through a merge with the game company Pack-In-Video. Here is another source supporting this which labels the publisher as Victor Musical Industries (I think an alternate translation of the company's Japanese name).

I took a quick look around for a composer by searching the Japanese title and was also unable to find one. If I had to guess, it may have been composed by the team who programmed it (a common enough occurrence in the earlier days of the game industry). As others have said, putting the company name there is probably the best bet.

Thank you!

JacopoTore

Quote from: Libera on December 17, 2019, 02:29:02 PMAs in you did the research?

Other than the name the only thing I see here is that the copyright should be https and it's not currently aligned to the bottom margin.

Did it, research and update

LeviR.star

Quote from: JacopoTore on December 24, 2019, 11:30:18 AMDid it, research and update

But you didn't, that's the problem; looking at your PDF, the title is still erroneously named "Track 16", the composer is still Victor Interactive Software instead of Victor Musical Industries, and the copyright text is still too far up. You're starting to give everyone the impression that you're ignoring the research they put in for you.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

JacopoTore

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 24, 2019, 12:04:08 PMBut you didn't, that's the problem; looking at your PDF, the title is still erroneously named "Track 16", the composer is still Victor Interactive Software instead of Victor Musical Industries, and the copyright text is still too far up. You're starting to give everyone the impression that you're ignoring the research they put in for you.

Sorry, what is the title?

LeviR.star

Quote from: JacopoTore on December 24, 2019, 12:45:07 PMSorry, what is the title?

This is just what we've been trying to tell you (please read the above posts if you haven't already!). You need to research that and title it yourself; if that means playing the game to find out what context it's used in, then you'll have to do that. Just about anything will be fine, but "BGM #_" or "Track _" will not be acceptable.

JacopoTore

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 24, 2019, 01:04:29 PMThis is just what we've been trying to tell you (please read the above posts if you haven't already!). You need to research that and title it yourself; if that means playing the game to find out what context it's used in, then you'll have to do that. Just about anything will be fine, but "BGM #_" or "Track _" will not be acceptable.
Could I invent a title?

LeviR.star

Quote from: JacopoTore on December 24, 2019, 01:07:16 PMCould I invent a title?

You may invent a title. What do you have in mind? Do you know what this song is used for in-game?

If you don't, there are plenty of NES emulators online that you can play the game on. I found a translation patch for the game here.