Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Ring Fit Adventure
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: In the First Place
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: invy

Rwars

I can't comment on the accuracy of the notes, even if they do possibly sound right, but the RH low Fs and Bs seem to collude with the LH in m10~14, and might make things messy, I think. Please tell me if I'm wrong though.

invy

Yeah the two hands do meet at that point, we were talking about it in the discord and it's most likely the best way to go about that section. It's gonna be a bit messy either way, but if anyone has any suggestions for improvement there lmk.

invy

Fixed some formatting errors and embellished measures 15-24, also got rid of one of the D.C.s and replaced it with a regular repeat bar since it was no longer necessary.

Latios212

Just popping in so say hey, I haven't forgotten this one, just had a ton of miscellaneous things to do lately. I'll be going over this one within the next couple days. Sorry!

Now only if I could get this game...
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Taking a first crack at checking it:

- First off the main arpeggio at the beginning is incorrect. It's descending A-F#-D-B-A, and ascending B-F#. Be mindful that every note you write in is correct, and feel free to use something like this!
- Use a dotted quarter at the beginning of m. 2 LH
- In the left hand of measure 4 the eighth note A should be a quarter note G instead.
- Don't beam eighth note across beat 3; beaming for m. 4 should match that in m. 2 for the last 3 notes
- Measure 7 LH should be four quarter notes instead of one whole note
- In measure 8 the third and fourth 16th notes should be E-F# instead of F#-D
- The half note chords in m. 9 and similar are missing notes. For instance, measure 9 should additionally have an E between the B and F#, and an A above them.
- In measures 10/12/14, the melody sustains the B instead of jumping down to the F# as you wrote it.
- For m. 17-32, avoid using 8va above the left hand. Additionally, think about how you could possibly have the right hand take some of the notes in some places so you can have some separation between the bass voice and the harmonies. This is especially important in places like m. 20 where what you wrote isn't possible as written.

That's all I have time for tonight, but given everything I found so far would you mind going through the rest of the sheet and double checking what you wrote?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Messaged on Discord - will archive this one for now but feel free to resubmit when you find the time to work on it again!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle