Series: Other
Game: Dark Souls II
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Remains
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

This track is actually exclusive to the Scholar of the First Sin edition of the game, which is what I indicated on the sheet, but I thought it wasn't really necessary to have a separate game entry on the site for it so I just listed it under DSII.  I think that's the most sensible thing to do but if you want to have a discussion about it I'm open to.

mikey

all my friends tell me sotfs is a completely different game :V
what do we usually do for DLC exclusive tracks?  All I can think of is shovel knight, and we counted those as separate games
unmotivated

Latios212

I don't think we ever made a hard rule about this, but it depends on how it's released. Some DLC, like that of recent Fire Emblem games, is pretty small and supplementary to the main game. Others like Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna – The Golden Country are more self-contained "expansion packs" with their own separate (in this case, physical) releases. Torna also had a separate release for its soundtrack.

I don't know anything about this series, so I'll leave it up to you guys to decide what's most appropriate. Would people think to look for it separately from the base game?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mikey

the DLC isn't normal DLC from what I hear, it actually changes things from the base game, like moves items around or something
some people consider sotfs to be worse than vanilla DS2, so obviously there's a big enough difference between the two to affect people's judgements negatively
ultimately if there's not a rule about how we're doing DLC it would make more sense to keep it together with DS2 (even though sotfs would be right underneath it in the database) just because dark souls soundtracks aren't robust enough to justify splitting individual games up by DLC
unmotivated

Libera

Quote from: mikey on March 04, 2020, 05:06:01 PMall my friends tell me sotfs is a completely different game :V

Obviously it is not a completely different game.  Both games share almost all the same stuff.  Particularly the music has an almost entire overlap.

Quote from: Latios212 on March 04, 2020, 05:14:52 PMI don't know anything about this series, so I'll leave it up to you guys to decide what's most appropriate. Would people think to look for it separately from the base game?

Considering that SotFS only has two exclusive tracks compared to the base game with DLC, I sort of doubt it.  And even if they are looking for one of those two exclusive tracks, they're not going to miss them because they were listed under DSII.

Quote from: Latios212 on March 04, 2020, 05:14:52 PMTorna also had a separate release for its soundtrack.

Going off of that, I believe that DSII only ever had one OST release and it included everything in SotFS (that is the two exclusive tracks along with all of the tracks from the base game and dlcs).

Quote from: mikey on March 04, 2020, 07:31:54 PMultimately if there's not a rule about how we're doing DLC it would make more sense to keep it together with DS2 (even though sotfs would be right underneath it in the database) just because dark souls soundtracks aren't robust enough to justify splitting individual games up by DLC

Yes, I think it just over-complicates things without any real benefit.

Latios212

Gosh this past month has flown right by... sorry for the wait! Checking now.

- I don't remember how to do this, but for the cresc. text in m. 18-19 I'd recommend making it so that it breaks the barline instead of intersecting it.
- Personally, I'd make bars 27-34 A minor but you don't have to by any means if you think it's better this way
- Really minor thing, but you might want to consider giving m. 50/52 a bit more space at the beginning so the 8va isn't right up against the left barline.

That's about it, the notes all look good. I think the pedal markings could be aligned better in a few places but overall sheet looks great.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Quote from: Latios212 on April 15, 2020, 05:38:56 PMGosh this past month has flown right by... sorry for the wait! Checking now.

No worries, thanks for giving it a look.

Quote from: Latios212 on April 15, 2020, 05:38:56 PM- I don't remember how to do this, but for the cresc. text in m. 18-19 I'd recommend making it so that it breaks the barline instead of intersecting it.
- Really minor thing, but you might want to consider giving m. 50/52 a bit more space at the beginning so the 8va isn't right up against the left barline.

I think the pedal markings could be aligned better in a few places but overall sheet looks great.

All this should be better fixed (I had a mess around with all of the pedal markings so hopefully they're better now.)

Quote from: Latios212 on April 15, 2020, 05:38:56 PM- Personally, I'd make bars 27-34 A minor but you don't have to by any means if you think it's better this way

Yeah I'd prefer not to swap keys for 8 bars, especially when just going straight back to the old key afterwards.

New files should be up; thanks again!

mastersuperfan

This is nice.
- I'd put courtesy Eb's in the LH in m23 and m49.
- Perhaps add arpeggio markings to the octaves in the last measure?
- This might be a little more stylistic/mood-based, but I think a "poco rit." in the third-to-last measure might be nice. It's fine either way, though. I would suggest putting the "poco rit." in the last measure if I could, but there's not really space for it there.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

Looks good to me so I approve pending response to MSF's comments :P

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Thanks for checking!

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 18, 2020, 01:04:44 PM- I'd put courtesy Eb's in the LH in m23 and m49.

I'd prefer not to add courtesy accidentals there because its a really simple descending chromatic pattern that's copied from the previous 16 bars.  I only really add courtesies when I think it's particularly confusing and this isn't really.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 18, 2020, 01:04:44 PM- Perhaps add arpeggio markings to the octaves in the last measure?

Nice catch; I have no idea why they weren't there.  Fixed.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 18, 2020, 01:04:44 PM- This might be a little more stylistic/mood-based, but I think a "poco rit." in the third-to-last measure might be nice. It's fine either way, though. I would suggest putting the "poco rit." in the last measure if I could, but there's not really space for it there.

Hmm.  I'm not sure I hear much of a rit in bar 57...  For the final bar I think it's at least a little implied already by the rest and I don't many people are going to play that ending without loosening the tempo up anyway.  I think it's fine left as it is personally, and as you say it'd make that final bar really cramped with stuff.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by mastersuperfan.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot