News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

[MUL] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - "Hyrule Castle Town Ruins" by Sidon327

Started by Zeta, April 24, 2020, 02:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Hyrule Castle Town Ruins
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Sidon327

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

Nice work again! A few things from me:
- Make sure your page margins are consistent
- For m. 11-17 I think it might be better to write them as tremolos between the upper and lower note instead of on the octave, which better reflects how it would be played
- A# might be better in m. 2-3 LH to match the usage of A# in the right hand?
- The LH octave in m. 4 plays at the start of the RH ascent here in contrast to measure 2... it would be nice to denote that (although I'm not immediately sure what would be the best way to)
- The Ab in m. 14 would be easier to play in the right hand
- I'm thinking F# instead of Gb in m. 15 because of the G's in the left hand
- There's a pause at the end of m. 17 that I think should be noted in the sheet. Same with the last measure. I think they would be fine with a rest, or possibly a caesura.
- I'd suggest flipping the slur up in m. 24, to indicate that the phrase ends on the upper B, not the lower one
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sidon327

Latios212

Awesome :) just one last tiny thing about m. 14 - keep the upper G in the left hand. That way neither hand has to deal with the awkward minor second.

Other than that, approved ^^

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Really solid arrangement. Just a few things left

-Can you align the dynamics throughout the piece? That one simple task will make the sheet look a lot more professional.
-I don't think your pedal markings follow convention. I believe it should look something like this:

Here, the tick marks at the end of each marking indicate when the pedal should be pressed, and the triangle-esque bump shows where it should be lifted and then pressed down again. If playback doesn't function for all of these shapes, just add one that does below, select it, and hit ctrl+alt+shift+h to hide it. It's a stupid shortcut, but it works.

m14-15 RH - the two octaves here should be an octave higher. I'd recommend using an 8va to avoid ledger lines.

And that's it. Great job!

Maelstrom

It's really tiny, but the F in m16 was slightly misaligned. Since it was tiny and nitpicky, I went ahead and tweaked the file for you and updated it.

accepted, nice work

Zeta