News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Does Everybody Know this...

Started by Davey, August 07, 2008, 06:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davey

I just wanted to let everyone know.

.MIDI files can be opened with Finale Notepad and up. They will become a Sheet, you will See all the parts on different staffs; no title and no arranger. Sometimes the instrument names will be messed up as well, but an easy way to fix this is to just make a blank document with all the titles and composers and arrangers and copyrights and whatever already made, and copy it.

If you already knew this, you don't need to make comments like "this is obvious" or something. It just seemed that the general audience didn't know this worked, because if people could find a .MIDI of the song they were looking for in request, then they could instead of asking for it here, they could get it themselves.

HugoMeister

But if you take the direct notes, its plagiarism. Thats why we say "Don't take them directly from midis".

:P

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Davey

I do this alot, TO GET STARTED ON AN ARRANGEMENT, I NEVER GO FROM A REGULAR MIDI TO A SHEET.

Just wanted to get that across before ANYONE jumped to conclusions.

Palagerini

also that midi's try to cram everything into 4/4 time... and that it doesn't display trills or staccatos or any of that...
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

KefkaticFanatic

He's trying to say that if people wanted an arrangement THAT BADLY they could just stick a midi into Notepad and get a very broken sheet, yet one that still had the basic melody and such.  And they could edit it to their own needs.

me irl
[close]

Davey

Quote from: Gamer4250 on August 08, 2008, 12:02:20 AMHe's trying to say that if people wanted an arrangement THAT BADLY they could just stick a midi into Notepad and get a very broken sheet, yet one that still had the basic melody and such.  And they could edit it to their own needs.

Yeah, Pretty Much. It just seems that people in request that just ask for songs and are like, desperate don't do research or anything.

Olimar12345

how do u copy and paste from one sheet 2 another? i didnt even think it was possible...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Davey

Activate the selection tool and double click to the left of the first measure. If you only want a single staff to be copied, click once to the left of the first measure of the staff you want, and if you want a single/selection of measures, then click/drag over the measures you want. Then press Ctrl + C to copy, and Ctrl + V to paste.

Olimar12345

from one sheet to a completly different sheet of music???
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Davey

Yeah. Or from one sheet to a different part, because you know, chorus's and stuff.

Olimar12345

omg, i just tried that AND IT WORKED!!! how vary useful...

Brawler4Ever

Just create two little boxes of the sheets.(The button jsut to the left of the X and right of the minimize). You can then move the notes or whatever as told above from one sheet to the other.
That's how it's done(saying this for the people who may still be confused)
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

The-Real-Link

Using an MIDI can be a VERY useful tool. I do most of my arrangements with MIDIs. However, I usually use 3 or 4 different MIDIs, plus existing sheets (If there are any) and then I add my own flavor and such. That is how I usually do arrangements.

kotorfanboy

Midi's are a great source to use, as long as you go through the song and make sure everything is correct, and you move notes around to simplify it.