Game: F-Zero GX
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Planet Colors (Green Plant)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

[attachment deleted by admin]

mastersuperfan

Looks and sounds great! Just a couple of minor things:
- The 8vb in m27 has parentheses for some reason.
- Since it looks like you're only beaming within beats throughout the sheet (not across two beats), do you also want to break the beam at the end of m28 RH?
- Sixteenth rest and naturals are cramped together in m33 RH.
- The slur placement in m35-36 RH feels kind of arbitrary to me? Not sure if you're hearing something I'm not. The only break in the line that I might be hearing is between beats 3 and 4 of m35.
- Move the accent at the end of m39 RH slightly upward to separate it from the grace note slur.
- Did you invert down the final dyad in the last measure for playability? That's totally fine, but I do think it would be nice to find a way to use the original dyad to preserve the jump to the high A...
- I find it kind of awkward that there's a D.C. al Coda, only for there to be four measures before the jump to the coda. I think it would be simpler just to write out those four measures before the coda, but then again, you don't have the space for that without overflowing onto another page (could there be another way to compress it?). I also don't know how the track loop works in-game, so you're better suited to judge how to handle it.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Static

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 26, 2020, 09:32:15 PM- The 8vb in m27 has parentheses for some reason.
It's a continuation of the 8vb starting at m13, which I've made a little more clear now that it is supposed to continue on.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 26, 2020, 09:32:15 PM- Since it looks like you're only beaming within beats throughout the sheet (not across two beats), do you also want to break the beam at the end of m28 RH?
Yes I do.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 26, 2020, 09:32:15 PM- Sixteenth rest and naturals are cramped together in m33 RH.
Fixed.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 26, 2020, 09:32:15 PM- The slur placement in m35-36 RH feels kind of arbitrary to me? Not sure if you're hearing something I'm not. The only break in the line that I might be hearing is between beats 3 and 4 of m35.
Yeah, those phrases make more sense. I've changed them (and m43-44 too).

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 26, 2020, 09:32:15 PM- Move the accent at the end of m39 RH slightly upward to separate it from the grace note slur.
It was already separated but I made it more separated.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 26, 2020, 09:32:15 PM- Did you invert down the final dyad in the last measure for playability? That's totally fine, but I do think it would be nice to find a way to use the original dyad to preserve the jump to the high A...
Yes I did. If I made it like the original, the middle layer would be out for that beat or two, and I don't really want that since it keeps the pace going.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 26, 2020, 09:32:15 PM- I find it kind of awkward that there's a D.C. al Coda, only for there to be four measures before the jump to the coda. I think it would be simpler just to write out those four measures before the coda, but then again, you don't have the space for that without overflowing onto another page (could there be another way to compress it?). I also don't know how the track loop works in-game, so you're better suited to judge how to handle it.
In-game, the Coda jump happens at the end of a phrase (whichever one is ending as you cross the starting line). Basically it can jump anywhere I put a double barline. For simplicity's sake, I go by the CD official soundtrack versions (same as in that video I linked), which usually jump after only the first or 2nd phrase (except for Fire Field). The regular and final-lap versions of the track are essentially 2 different tracks, so it doesn't make sense to include part of one in the other.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Static on April 27, 2020, 07:55:50 PMIt's a continuation of the 8vb starting at m13, which I've made a little more clear now that it is supposed to continue on.

Ahhh that makes more sense, although it might be clearer to use (simile) instead of (etc.)? Either way is probably fine though.

In any case, everything else looks good, so I approve.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Static

Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 12, 2020, 06:55:27 PMAhhh that makes more sense, although it might be clearer to use (simile) instead of (etc.)? Either way is probably fine though.

From what I've seen at least, I thought simile is used for repeating phrases/ostinatos/accompaniment patterns where you want specific articulations or pedaling to repeat. I wouldn't mind changing it, but etc. makes more sense to me at least for an extended 8va/b line, and using sempre 8va/b if you want it for the entire piece.

Maelstrom

Yeah, it's good. Not sure what else to say, you've done a fantastic job.

Accepted

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot