News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[GB] Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters - "Final Battle with Orcos" by BrainyLucario

Started by Zeta, April 29, 2020, 01:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Kid Icarus
Game: Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters
Console: Game Boy
Title: Final Battle with Orcos
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: BrainyLucario

[attachment deleted by admin]

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Static

7/8 time, nice.
  • The forte marking should be moved down a bit so it's centered between the two staves.
  • m1, 3 RH: The first dotted 8th note should be a Bb in both of these measures.
  • m2, 4 LH: The C#s should be Dbs because it is descending the chromatic scale. The G#-Gn is OK because it's a temporary major 3rd moving to the minor 3rd, or at least that's how it sounds to me and how I would analyze it.
  • m5-6 RH: The 2nd dotted 8th note dyad should be Gb-Bb, not Gn-Bn. The 3rd dotted 8th note dyad should be Fn-An. The repeating 16th notes should be Cn-Fn.
  • m7 RH: D# should be spelled as an Eb because of the chromatic downward movement. The third dotted 8th should be a Dn. The lower voice in the repeated 16th notes should be A naturals.
  • m5-7 LH: The bass line should go Bn, Bb, An. Then all the 16ths should be Fn, not F#. m7 is the same as m5-6.
  • m5-7 LH: Any reason that only m5 is in octaves? It sounds like the next two measures have the same intensity as m5, so I'd just make it all octaves there.
  • m5-7: Because the beaming of this particular 7/8 piece is 2+2+3, the beams in these measures should follow it. Right now, it's unclear where any beat except 1 is. Think of it like two separate bars of 2/4 + 3/8. The 2nd dotted 8th note should be a 16th tied to an 8th, and the 3rd dotted 8th note should be an 8th tied to a 16th. Here's what it should look like:
    Spoiler
    [close]

BrainyLucario

Should have fixed all the listed mistakes and changes. Files have been updated my homies.

Static

Looks great! I have a couple more nitpicky things and that's it:
  • It seems like there's 2 spaces between "Arranged by" and "BrainyLucario". There should be 1.
  • Tose should be in the copyright info along with Nintendo.

BrainyLucario

Static

Looks nice. Btw I edited the copyright info to your other Myths and Monsters sheets like you asked.

BrainyLucario

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta