News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Tobbeh99's Replacements

Started by Tobbeh99, June 03, 2020, 12:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Static

Baby Bowser's Lullaby
- Some of the arpeggio markings seem a bit too close to the notes/accidentals.
- m5 beat 1: Ab should be a G# (Amaj9(b13)sus4 chord).
- m5 beat 3: Eb and Gb should be D# and F# (Emaj9(b13)sus4 chord).
- m14 beat 1: Eb should be D# (D#dim7/A chord).
- m14 beat 3: Ab should be G# (E7b9 chord).
- m18-19 RH: The middle notes should be spelled as sharps rather than flats (En, D#, Cx, D#, C#, Bn).
- Copyright info should be within the page margins.

I've made all the fixes for you, and am accepting.

Tobbeh99

Are you sure about those chords. Those seem a bit too complex. I thought most of them was just dim-chords. Apart from m.4 and 14. beat 1, which I think I saw as a rootless D7b9 chord.

And 18-19 I spelled it that way to show the interval (minor 5th). I think it looks easier that way.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Static

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 31, 2020, 09:44:40 AMAre you sure about those chords. Those seem a bit too complex. I thought most of them was just dim-chords. Apart from m.4 and 14. beat 1, which I think I saw as a rootless D7b9 chord.
On their own, they would be just diminshed chords, but the LH is part of the chord too. Using m5 beat 1 as an example, A-D-E-F-G# makes more sense than A-D-E-F-Ab. The Ab and A clash; it should be written as a major 7th.

For m5 beat 4, it's the same deal with E-F#-C-D#; Eb doesn't make sense in this context.

m14 is more simple; beat 1 is an A diminished chord but spelling it with sharps rather than flats makes the intervals easier to read imo; Eb to Bn is a very weird interval. D#dim7 is the same as Adim7, just spelled differently.

For m14 beat 3, I think E7b9 makes the most sense; this is the most simple chord here: E-G#-B-D-F.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 31, 2020, 09:44:40 AMAnd 18-19 I spelled it that way to show the interval (minor 5th). I think it looks easier that way.
I thought the augmented 4ths were easier to read, but looking at it again, I think m18 looks better as dim5ths and m19 looks better as augmented 4ths. A-C#-G is a very natural chord to play (just an A7), and then F-A-B makes more sense than F-A-Cb. I changed m18 back to how you had it before.

Hopefully the chord theory stuff makes sense but let me know if you have questions!

Latios212

Sorry for not giving an update here earlier! We're slowly making our way through these sheets. There's a separate tab on the main spreadsheet for the status of this batch since there's so many.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 22, 2020, 12:28:19 AMIt's fine if you do some edits. Especially if they are just fixes and touch-ups. I'm a bit unsure if I'll be around, hopefully I will to answer your posts.
Additionally, see this doc for an up-to-date changelog on some adjustments we're making as we go through them: link
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

We've finished going through the Link's Awakening sheets - details are on the spreadsheet and in the doc linked above. Some are excluded because they didn't do much with the sheet already on site and we decided are fine with just a URL update or need more work done on them in the future.

In the next part of the update, we'll include the bunch of Link's Awakening sheets that we've gone over and should have your self-edits reuploaded too. The Oracles sheets we're still going through and will likely come at a later time since there's quite a lot of music to review there.

Thanks again for your patience and for fixing these sheets up!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Going through a couple of your self-edits today:

Red Wings
  • Moved text to be within the page margins
  • Moved the mezzoforte in m5 up a bit so it isn't so close to the slur

Courage (Solo version)
  • Moved text to be within the page margins
  • Made the tied 8th notes in m17 RH beat 3.5 a quarter note to match m19
  • Copyright info should be separated with a , instead of /

These two have been reuploaded to the site, and I'll continue with the rest tomorrow.

Latios212

To summarize:
- We went through all the Link's Awakening sheets. We've finished cleaning up and accepting 15 of them to go up with the update. The rest either consisted of edits too minor to include in a replacements update, or still needed significant work.
- We went through all of the self-edits and will be reuploading them to the site.
- For the Oracles sheets, we did a high level pass and determined roughly the amount of work for each. Given the amount of work already put into this project and the substantial amount of stuff to go through here, we'll be holding off on these. I think submitting them through regular submissions would be better so we can keep going at them at a regular pace in the interest of not holding this project up any longer given we've already gone through all your other sheets. I can take care of handling putting them through submissions for you, if you like.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle