News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Radiak488417's Replacements

Started by Radiak488417, June 04, 2020, 08:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiak488417

Here are my replacement arrangements so far:

A Flash of Memory [MUS] [Original]

Tac Challenge [MUS] [Original]

Space Junk Galaxy [MUS] [Original]

Snowman [MUS] [Original]

Bumper Crop Bump [MUS] [Original]

Ground Theme (Brawl) [MUS] [Original]

Radiak488417

Made some tiny edits to some of my existing sheets:

Memory of Life: fixed tempo and arranger text formatting

Opening (3D Hot Rally): added a dynamic

Main Plaza (Night): fixed arranger text

All have been added to the Dropbox folder. More challenge replacements soon!

Radiak488417

Added 4 replacements, Snowman, Bumper Crop Bump, Space Junk Galaxy, and Ground Theme (Brawl). I ended up not having time for Purple Comet or Cosmic Cove, so I'll be submitting those through regular submissions sometime after this project is finished.

Static

Snowman
  • There are lots of cool notes in the middle chord voices that you could include. I'd keep it simple and just add them as extra notes underneath the melody notes in layer 1, don't worry about the original rhythms. m1-14 should be pretty simple though bc the harmonies generally follow the rhythm of the melody.
  • The bassline switches up articulations in m21, I'd probably add those in the sheet.
  • The piano (dynamic) marking in m32 should be moved up.
  • Since you have the "sempre 8vb" thing, you can go ahead and hide the 8vb line. Maybe it's because we're using different versions of Finale or something but the line was unhidden when I opened the file.
  • I would add that low F# in m33.

Latios212

Quote from: Radiak488417 on June 09, 2020, 06:14:26 PMMade some tiny edits to some of my existing sheets:

Memory of Life: fixed tempo and arranger text formatting

Opening (3D Hot Rally): added a dynamic

Main Plaza (Night): fixed arranger text

All have been added to the Dropbox folder.
No need to submit minor corrections to your existing sheet through the project :) I've updated your files on site accordingly and removed them from the shared folder.

Space Junk Galaxy
This one mostly just looks like a few note fixes which aren't enough to constitute and "Edited by...". But they check out, the sheet looks great! Just a few things looked a little lopsided regarding the page margins, 8vas, and a couple of other tiny things. I know you have Notepad so I went ahead and fixed them. Approving!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Radiak488417

Thanks for the feedback, Static! Tried my hand at adding some harmonies, let me know if you think I could do it differently/better. I wasn't sure how to interpret the arpeggios for measures 25-27 so I just copied the harmony from the previous section.  Also I use NotePad so I can't hide the 8va's, so if you or someone else could do that I'd appreciate it. Everything else has been implemented.

Static

The way you added the extra harmonies was exactly what I meant, really nice work. The goal is to keep that lush sound but without overcomplicating the sheet - a little goes a long way. Also, I hid the 8va line for you, the new file is in the folder.

The m21-24 bassline thing hasn't been addressed yet; I think including staccatos on the first 2 8th notes and a slur over the last 4 would be a good idea because it matches the original - it isn't just 6 normal notes in the measure.

The last thing that I have is that the F# in m33 should be moved down an octave. That's all I got! Get this stuff taken care of and it's pretty much good to go.

Edit: While I'm here, here's some stuff for Space Junk Galaxy:

- You don't need to show the naturals when switching from a flat to sharp key or vice versa; go to Document Options > Key Signatures and uncheck "Cancel Outgoing Keysignature" to disable this. (Note this can backfire if there are sharp-sharp or flat-flat key changes, but in this sheet it works out nicely)
- The l.h. and etc. text in m53-54 should be aligned.
- m61-62 would look better with some extra space at the beginning of the measure (right click > Edit Measure Attributes). This gives the squiggly lines more room so they aren't so close to the barline or accidentals.

Most of this stuff you can't do in NotePad so I went ahead and made all these changes for you and am accepting.

Radiak488417

Articulations added (staff spacing in the first system on page 2 needs adjusting now), but I'm confused about the F#⁠—are you saying it should be an F#2? It's currently an F#3, as it's being affected by the 8va, and an F#2 sounds far too low to me. Also thanks for the Space Junk edits.

Maelstrom

A Flash of Memory
real quick:
- I hear the G on b1 of m4 being an octave higher, like the first note in m2.
- I hear the dotted q on b3.5 of m8 as 3 8th repeated 8th notes.
- Can you move the initial tempo marking a hair to the right?
- The repeat bar in m1 is actually not needed - it's implied by the repeat at the end, and the sheet would be simpler if it was removed, which is what I recommend.

More importantly, this is listed as a challenge replacement in the spreadsheet but as an edit on the sheet itself. Which is it?

address these, and I'll approve it.

Radiak488417

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 19, 2020, 08:02:43 AM- I hear the G on b1 of m4 being an octave higher, like the first note in m2.
I hear that note as well as the one I have, but I hear the lower one more prominently. I also think it makes more sense melodically the way I have it, since it's quoting the 8 Melodies.

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 19, 2020, 08:02:43 AM- I hear the dotted q on b3.5 of m8 as 3 8th repeated 8th notes.
Yeah, I omitted them because they seemed more like an echo than important melodic material. I think it's fine as is, unless other people object.

About the repeat, I realized that the song never actually repeats measures 1-4, so the sheet now reflects that. Tempo marking has also been adjusted.

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 19, 2020, 08:02:43 AMMore importantly, this is listed as a challenge replacement in the spreadsheet but as an edit on the sheet itself. Which is it?
It's an edit, I originally had it as a challenge but I changed it. Sorry for any confusion (also I was told this edit doesn't constitute an "Edited by:" so I've removed that).

Static

Quote from: Radiak488417 on June 17, 2020, 02:42:29 PMArticulations added (staff spacing in the first system on page 2 needs adjusting now), but I'm confused about the F#⁠—are you saying it should be an F#2? It's currently an F#3, as it's being affected by the 8va, and an F#2 sounds far too low to me. Also thanks for the Space Junk edits.
Adjusted the spacing for you. My bad, I forgot about the 8va; what you have written is correct. I approve.

Latios212

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 19, 2020, 08:02:43 AMA Flash of Memory
real quick:
- I hear the G on b1 of m4 being an octave higher, like the first note in m2.
Quote from: Radiak488417 on June 19, 2020, 02:57:24 PMI hear that note as well as the one I have, but I hear the lower one more prominently. I also think it makes more sense melodically the way I have it, since it's quoting the 8 Melodies.
I'm gonna have to agree with Maelstrom on this one - definitely the higher one my ears want to pick up on. That said, your choice I suppose.

Other than that looks good. I'd suggest lowering the composer/arranger info and increasing the space between LH/RH staves though (I can do it for you if you want because Notepad)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Radiak488417

Yeah, I think I'll keep it how it is if that's alright. Feel free to make those small edits as well, Latios.

(Incidentally, I tried using an SPC player to separate the channels, and it turns out that that higher note doesn't actually exist, it's some sort of auditory illusion...)

Latios212

A Flash of Memory
Cool. Accepting (carrying forward Mael's conditional approval)!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Snowman
Looks great! I went ahead and edited the formatting for you - bunch of things including staff spacing, text sizing, margins, etc. Also adjusted a couple of slurs/dynamics slightly to avoid them being awkwardly close to notes. Lastly, the tempo should be written in dotted quarter instead of in eighth note.

Accepting, though of course let me know if you have any concerns regarding these changes. :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle