News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Radiak488417's Replacements

Started by Radiak488417, June 04, 2020, 08:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiak488417

I had the eighth note tempo since it didn't divide evenly into 3, but rounding up makes sense. All other changes look good! Actually, it looks like you duplicated the tempo marking somehow?

Latios212

Quote from: Radiak488417 on July 05, 2020, 09:32:09 PMI had the eighth note tempo since it didn't divide evenly into 3, but rounding up makes sense. All other changes look good! Actually, it looks like you duplicated the tempo marking somehow?
Whoops lol fixed
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

I am very smart and posted in the wrong thread

Radiak488417

Wrong thread? (I suppose Rubikium's name looks similar to mine at a glance)

Maelstrom

Latios212

Tac Challenge
Notes are all good! Messed with the usual formatting stuff since Notepad, let me know if anything's off.

Only things I would recommend before approving are unbeaming the first eighth note in the RH of measure 1 (like 5) and using slurs over the grace notes. Let me know if that sounds okay to you and I'll make the edits.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Radiak488417

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros.)

- Hearing the intro rhythm as this:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
- RH missing a G on beat 4.25 in the first measure of the second system
- Staccatos in LH besides beat 1 should go under the notes in m. 8, 10, 12 (similar to m. 6)
- The rhythm in m. 17 and 21, I think it would be a little easier to read if beat 2 was written as 16th rest, 16th note, 8th rest instead of what you have. It alters the durations of the notes slightly but I would suggest making that tradeoff here since the notes are all detached.
- I don't think the song repeats back to m. 10 exactly; the sustained bass notes don't sound present at 1:40. You could write out m. 10-13 again without the sustained bass at the end before repeating back to 14, perhaps? (If so you'll need a reminder dynamic at 14)

Some notes for myself to fix formatting later:
- Ties between small intervals i.e. m. 2-3, 4-5
- D.S. needs to be bolded

Other than the above looks great!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Tac Challenge - Kirby Air Ride
- For the grace notes in m18/20, you might consider trying to write in multiple (~2) grace notes leading downward instead of one grace note leading upward, since the original track has more of a downward slide from the previous note.
- You might consider adding some slurs to m1-2/m5-6/m13-14 to make the phrasing even more visible:

I think that's it.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Radiak488417

Quote from: mastersuperfan on August 12, 2020, 02:26:45 PMTac Challenge - Kirby Air Ride

Added the slurs, but I can't add grace notes with NotePad so if Latios or someone else could do it then that'd be great.

Radiak488417

Quote from: Latios212 on August 09, 2020, 04:41:44 PM- Hearing the intro rhythm as this:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

Tbh that doesn't seem quiiiiite right to me, I think there's some kind of unquantized rhythm happening. Your suggestion makes more sense than what I had though so I've changed it for now.

Quote from: Latios212 on August 09, 2020, 04:41:44 PM- RH missing a G on beat 4.25 in the first measure of the second system
- Staccatos in LH besides beat 1 should go under the notes in m. 8, 10, 12 (similar to m. 6)
Got 'em

Quote from: Latios212 on August 09, 2020, 04:41:44 PM- The rhythm in m. 17 and 21, I think it would be a little easier to read if beat 2 was written as 16th rest, 16th note, 8th rest instead of what you have. It alters the durations of the notes slightly but I would suggest making that tradeoff here since the notes are all detached.
Got it, but I added a tenuto to make it clear that the 16th notes should be held a bit longer.

Quote from: Latios212 on August 09, 2020, 04:41:44 PM- I don't think the song repeats back to m. 10 exactly; the sustained bass notes don't sound present at 1:40. You could write out m. 10-13 again without the sustained bass at the end before repeating back to 14, perhaps? (If so you'll need a reminder dynamic at 14)
Done, and I changed the DS to a normal repeat and made the system distribution a bit better. I had to re-import the file from MuseScore to change the intro, so the LH 8vas from measures 15-21 and 33-39 need to be added back in.

Edit: I noticed something that concerns me, it seems like the triplets in measure 33 and similar might not actually be triplets, the final dyad sounds like it syncs up with the bass. That would mean that the actual rhythm is this, but that seems a bit awkward in 4/4. A possible solution to this would be to double all the note values in the piece, and put it in 2/2 like the other versions on the site. Thoughts on this? (I don't want to, I think it looks nice the way it is...)

Latios212

Quote from: Radiak488417 on August 12, 2020, 05:13:08 PMTbh that doesn't seem quiiiiite right to me, I think there's some kind of unquantized rhythm happening. Your suggestion makes more sense than what I had though so I've changed it for now.
Yeah I'm not 100% sure what it is, it doesn't seem to line up exactly. But as you mentioned I think this makes the most sense from a reading standpoint.

Quote from: Radiak488417 on August 12, 2020, 05:13:08 PMDone, and I changed the DS to a normal repeat and made the system distribution a bit better. I had to re-import the file from MuseScore to change the intro, so the LH 8vas from measures 15-21 and 33-39 need to be added back in.
Cool, I was going to make the system distribution changes anyway so nice :P I went ahead and fixed the rest of the formatting (text, margins, etc.)

Quote from: Radiak488417 on August 12, 2020, 05:13:08 PMEdit: I noticed something that concerns me, it seems like the triplets in measure 33 and similar might not actually be triplets, the final dyad sounds like it syncs up with the bass. That would mean that the actual rhythm is this, but that seems a bit awkward in 4/4. A possible solution to this would be to double all the note values in the piece, and put it in 2/2 like the other versions on the site. Thoughts on this? (I don't want to, I think it looks nice the way it is...)
Hm yeah that is interesting. Definitely don't double the note durations for everything just because of that. I think it's okay to keep as is for simplicity, but also fine to change it to that.

Anyway, I'll approve this sheet for now and we can have whoever checks it next take a look at that. :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Ground Theme (SMB)
- Oh man, I love this arrangement in Brawl, and this piano version captures it really well - great job.
- m1 beat 1 LH should be beamed together like in the RH.
- A D.S. might be better than a simple repeat due to the length of the sheet, up to you though.
- This is kinda nitpicky, but there were a few other developers that also worked on this game: Sora, Ltd. and Game Arts (I think there might be a few more but these are the big ones).

Edit: Regarding that rhythm, it's fine to just simplify it to a normal triplet. The performer can be lenient with the rhythms to get a similar feel to the original. I think this version also fine in 4/4 since it has more of a funk feel than the more Latin feel of the original - maybe that's just me. But either way, you don't need to rework the entire sheet with new rhythms.

Edit 2: Measure 2 actually sounds like it should be 7/8 instead of 4/4... Maybe I'm crazy though

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Radiak488417 on August 12, 2020, 04:20:21 PMAdded the slurs, but I can't add grace notes with NotePad so if Latios or someone else could do it then that'd be great.

Actually, I just noticed that the downward slide dips below the note on beat 4 and comes back up, so if you want to keep the upward grace note, that works too. What's your preference?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.