[GBA] Pokémon FireRed Version & Pokémon LeafGreen Version - "Ending Theme" by JDMEK5

Started by Zeta, June 15, 2020, 02:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon FireRed Version & Pokémon LeafGreen Version
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Ending Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: JDMEK5

[attachment deleted by admin]

JDMEK5

There's some kind of glitch that's creating a tiny "3" on the bottom of the fourth page... I'm not sure why because it's not in the .mus file I have here but it shows up in the PDF...
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Latios212

ooooo so happy to see something new from you again! ;D

Quote from: JDMEK5 on June 15, 2020, 02:01:21 PMThere's some kind of glitch that's creating a tiny "3" on the bottom of the fourth page... I'm not sure why because it's not in the .mus file I have here but it shows up in the PDF...
Finale's default PDF exporter will do that sometimes, try using an external program
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

It's good to be back, my dude. Incidentally I suppose this is also my first arrangement post-music-degree. Thumbs up for 2020 PDF-diploma-graduates XD

Quote from: Latios212 on June 15, 2020, 02:05:47 PMFinale's default PDF exporter will do that sometimes, try using an external program
That's good to know but I used my usual PDFCreator which is an external program that I've used for the last 10 years. Never had this problem. I hate to ask but if you're using a different program, could you try running the .mus through it? I don't really feel super pepped to download and install a whole new program just for this if I can avoid it. In the meantime I'll try Finale's default exporter and see if that works.

EDIT: Ok so Finale's exporter worked ok and fixed it. I'll update the file right now.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Latios212

Sorry for the wait :D Don't have much to add after looking over this, mostly some aesthetic things as usual :P

- The articulation in m. 7 (in the new system) could be lowered a bit, it's pretty close to the tie
- (Something about the exporter is pushing some of the dynamics like the ff in m. 10 to the right...)
- Maybe Ab instead of G# in m. 26?
- "a tempo" rather than a new tempo marking at m. 31? Also here maybe a "dim." marking instead of a hairpin that clashes with the beam and slurs?
- The stems are flipped kind of oddly in m. 33. Also the grace note direction/slur directions could be adjusted a bit, as well as in m. 37.
- Bb instead of A# in m. 73? (Resolves to An in the F chord in the following measure)
- The first tiny slur in m. 83 would probably be better pointing downwards

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

Quote from: Latios212 on July 18, 2020, 09:02:30 AMSorry for the wait :D

I agree with everything you suggested and changed all accordingly, except for the stem directions in measures 33 and 37. Those are a bit weird, yes, but I've done it deliberately to show the continuity of the upper voice in its melody in contrast to the lower voice just tossing in that second eighth note as a background voice. Also, it's allowed to do so therefore I have for this^ reason.

Let me know if there's anything else and I'll try to get to it quicker than I did so far! haha

My Arrangements

Latios212

Alrighty! It looks like the tie from the grace note at the beginning of 83 is still pointing up.

That's is from me though, I'm approving :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

I made that one change since that's all that was needed. As soon as I update the files, I'll accept

Zeta