Series: Other
Game: Bad Piggies
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Main Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

An old classic from my younger days. I knew that if the main theme from Angry Birds was up, I just had to put this one towards the site.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Cool! I remember playing this game on my tablet ages ago... :)

A couple questions to start - is there a particular reason this is written at half=156 instead of quarter=156? The music seems quite stretched out and there's no swing or intricate runs that benefit from expanding the durations. Also, why staccatissimo everywhere instead of staccato?

Edit: Just checked the rest and this is a great arrangement - everything looks good. Just make sure to center the articulations over the notehead instead of the stem where you have 2 layers.

Back to my first comment - it would be a much simpler and more conventional presentation (with a sempre staccato on the LH part) if you wrote it like this - it would also save space!

You cannot view this attachment.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Okie-dokie, I went over with the following points with Latios over Discord:

- no, I had no good reason to write the arrangement in double time. I thought it might've saved on space, but I was wrong

- I used staccatissimos instead of staccatos because I didn't like how the playback came out, but that was a lousy reason, so now they're staccatos. I changed the playback setting for the articulation, though, so they're shorter and how I want them for this sheet

- changed a few dynamics at Latios's request

- I managed to track down the original track (which is no longer used on the game's Android version) on Spotify, and it loops differently than I had notated before. Added a second ending with a D.C.

- also added a note about the ornamental figures and how they vary between repeats (please read it, and let me know if I can word it differently)

New files are up! In the event that submission activity picks up before I get home tomorrow, I give permission to Latios to edit in the last changes for me.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Nice! This gets my approval, I'll have someone else take a final look :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

This looks pretty good to me, I just have one concern regarding bars 42-45.  I think that inverting the accompaniment pattern into the right hand gives a slightly weird texture when compared with the rest of the arrangement.  My suggestion would be keep the accompaniment going at the same octave in those bars, but to drop the offbeat chords since they would get in the way of the right hand now.  Here's a picture with what I mean:

Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

Let me know what you think.

Latios212

In Levi's absence, I would recommend doing so. It does keep the registers more consistent and most of the offbeat tones are part of the RH part anyway.

edit: edited

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot