[SWITCH] Animal Crossing: New Horizons - "9:00 PM" by Sidon327

Started by Zeta, June 30, 2020, 07:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sidon327

I think I got all those taken care of. As far as the bass in m.38, I removed the grace note for now, as it's pretty hard to emulate the bass slide sound, however I'm open to any ideas for that particular part!

Thanks! :)

Latios212

Cool! Last few things to polish up:
- The slur and staccato are clashing in m. 7/25/45/63/83/101
- Slur can be flattened a bit in m. 16/54/92
- Make sure the 2's around the duplets have enough space and aren't too close to the staccato - m. 78 (actually you can just put the staccato above the notehead here), 85, 103.
- Beat 4 misaligned in m. 103 LH

Quote from: Latios212 on January 06, 2021, 04:25:06 PM- Subsequent page headers are too high
They're at the correct height now, but the music is too close to the headers :) slightly reduce the space between systems and move them down to give the header more breathing room - the spacing will look more natural.

Quote from: Sidon327 on January 08, 2021, 09:46:18 AMAs far as the bass in m.38, I removed the grace note for now, as it's pretty hard to emulate the bass slide sound, however I'm open to any ideas for that particular part!
Yeah, I think this is fine as a single note but I think it would make more sense as a Fn since that's what it starts on and sustains for at least a beat. What do you think?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sidon327

I made all those changes except for the space between the systems. For some reason every time I try to change the system space for the score it messes up the formatting of the entire sheet and I'm not entirely sure why this is. Can you clarify how I should go about doing this? Thanks! :)

Latios212

Hm, I'm not sure what your issue is but I can recommend how I normally go about it:

First, using the Page Layout Tool, right click the box for a system and choose Edit Margins, then fiddle with these numbers to set the same margins for all of the systems after page 1:

values that seem to work for this sheet
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

Then, if you need to make further small adjustments (based on if there's a lot of stuff above/below the staff for certain systems) you can use the Staff Tool to drag individual systems up and down:

Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sidon327

Thanks! Not sure why it was going wrong before but this worked out fine :D

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot