News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

NEW: Pokémon XD - Kricketune's Arrangements

Started by Kricketune54, July 15, 2020, 11:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kricketune54

On the Fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to meeeeeeeeee

4 Special Operatives

[.PDF]

[.MIDI]

[.MUS]

[.MUSX]

CT Special Forces 2: Back In The Trenches - Sniper

Might be the most or second most obscure game for my 12 days, depends on if I get to the clear favorite lol.

There are indeed 4 playable special operators in CT Special Forces 2: Back In The Trenches, also known as CT Special Forces 2: Back To Hell in the PAL region.  For a while, I had no idea who the composers were to this OST because it says Shin'en Multimedia in the credits instead of a person, and even though I emailed the company a few years ago, I still didn't know the answer.  But someone included composer info on the Wikipedia page!  It seems like they check out.

Anyway, this was my favorite GBA game as a kid, before I discovered Pokémon no less.  I've seen it described as Metal Slug like, but having hardly played Metal Slug I have no frame of reference.  This song is not what I was intending to post for today (the one I was going to didn't work out super well so I went with this), but I have a second song from it I will probably post for one of the other 12 days.  As the title indicates, it plays during a sniping segment, which functions more as an extra lives minigame.

Kricketune54

On the Fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to meeeeeeeeee

Fiiiiiive Spoooky Sectooors

[.PDF]

[.MIDI]

[.MUS]

[.MUSX]

Metroid Fusion - Sector 5 (ARC)

So there are six sectors in Metroid Fusion.... at least until you send Sector 6 plummeting to Planet SR 338's surface (precluding the rest of the BSL station of course).  Today's arrangement is the Arctic Sector 5, which was a bit ear piercing after a while to arrange for as short as it is.  Thought it was fitting, since we got a bit of snow today.

Kricketune54

On the Sixth day of Christmas, my true love gave to meeeeeeeeee

$6(0) dollar shooter

[.PDF]

[.MIDI]

[.MUS]

[.MUSX]

Battlefield 3 - Solomon's Theme

Battlefield 3 was one of my favorite shooters of the last decade- it actually came out a little over a decade ago at this point (the memories  :'().  Yes, it's pretty formulaic in a sense by today's standards, but back then, whoa I had never played anything like it.  Battlefield had existed before of course, but this was the big return to 64 player game modes, along with the destruction features of more recent Battlefield titles. 

Anyway, this is the theme of the main villain in the campaign.  Not a memorable foe by any means... I think he was French?  This theme is most known to gamers though because an abridged version of Solomon's Theme plays when you lose a match.  Also people in the Battlefield fanbase used to like to make piano covers of it, though they were not quite that faithful to the song beyond the melody (probably for the better...).

Kricketune54

On the Seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to meeeeeeeeee

7th Handheld Sequel

[.PDF]

[.MIDI]

[.MUS]

[.MUSX]

Kirby Triple Deluxe - Tilting The World

Maybe the weakest day theme attempt so far (hey it was this or 7 collectible sunstones or something, and there's way more than 7), but it'll do.

Somebody posted some sort of head empty compilation in the Discord recently and I saw this song in the track list.  I thought for some reason it was from RtDL but no less, here's some Kirby for the pink puffball fans out there!  Should be one more this countdown. ;)

Kricketune54

On the Eighth day of Christmas, my true love gave to meeeeeeeeee

8 Gen III Hikers

[.PDF]

[.MIDI]

[.MUS]

[.MUSX]

Pokémon Ruby & Pokémon Sapphire Version - Trainers' Eyes Meet (Hiker)

I was delighted last night to find there are 8 hiker trainers in Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire versions. 

This goofy sounding march is probably my favorite trainer encounter theme from Pokémon, outside of Cynthia's trainer theme maybe. I have a lot of nostalgia associated with this; my brother and I used to grind Ruby and Sapphire together, and we would constantly be rematching trainers, particularly the hikers (I think we thought their locations were convenient, and you could gain a decent amount of experience from all their Geodudes and Gravelers).  One of the hikers we found quite funny, who would shout Yodelayhihoo! at you and expect you to shout it back because there wasn't an echo in the location.  They all seem so aloof and oafish, and this jolly theme matches that perfectly.

I've left out the pluckier inner part on this currently because it doesn't seem like it fits in well with a piano part, but maybe later down the line I'll sprinkle it in (probably while there is a RH held note).

Kricketune54

On the Ninth day of Christmas, my true love gave to meeeeeeeeee

9 Deadly Race Tracks

[.PDF]

[.MIDI]

[.MUS]

[.MUSX]

F-Zero - Select Time Theme

Yeah there's more than 9 tracks in F-Zero... but there are 9 if you exclude any of the II or III variations of tracks!

This is a pretty short track, but a calming and relaxed classic (in contrast to almost every other track from the series) that I was first introduced to by the Captain Falcon main Fatality, who used to use this as his YouTube ending screen. Perhaps some will not agree with the cut time choice, but that was how I was feeling the beat when arranging this.

Kricketune54

On the Tenth day of Christmas, my true love gave to meeeeeeeeee

10 Lost Lives

[.PDF]

[.MIDI]

[.MUS]

[.MUSX]

CT Special Forces 2: Back In The Trenches - Snow (North America) / Game Over

More CT Special Forces, this time the snow level theme (which also is the game over theme - you can have a maximum of 10 lives).  The level themes are pretty good in this game overall, and I think this or the Middle Eastern one are my favorite.  This particular level has a frustrating part where you have to diffuse 4 bombs in a short time period.  They are spread throughout the base fairly far apart (though it is a mostly linear level), but it's easy to lose a lot of lives failing at the countdown.  And then immediately after, you fight a boss!  The game is not very difficult overall, but the final boss is hard for the weird fact that you can only win by shooting explosives right next to it or tossing grenades over a front plow.  While dodging rolling barrels and falling bombs.

Spoiler
[close]

LeviR.star

Quote from: Kricketune54 on December 20, 2021, 05:52:19 PMOn the Seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to meeeeeeeeee

7th Handheld Sequel

[.PDF]

[.MIDI]

[.MUS]

[.MUSX]

Kirby Triple Deluxe - Tilting The World

Maybe the weakest day theme attempt so far (hey it was this or 7 collectible sunstones or something, and there's way more than 7), but it'll do.

Somebody posted some sort of head empty compilation in the Discord recently and I saw this song in the track list.  I thought for some reason it was from RtDL but no less, here's some Kirby for the pink puffball fans out there!  Should be one more this countdown. ;)

Late, but thanks for arranging this! More Kirby: Triple Deluxe sheets are always appreciated.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Kricketune54

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 23, 2021, 11:02:49 AMLate, but thanks for arranging this! More Kirby: Triple Deluxe sheets are always appreciated.

Absolutely!  Modern Kirby needs love too.

Speaking of which:

On the Eleventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to meeeeeeeeee

11 Friends and Foes

[.PDF]

[.MIDI]

[.MUS]

[.MUSX]

Kirby Star Allies - Echo's Edge

Welp, I made it up to Day 11, and made an excuse one way or another why each song was in that position for the day.  There's way more than 11 helpers in Star Allies, even if you're just counting DLC it doesn't add up nicely  :P

On the song though, one of my fav level themes from Star Allies - especially the chord changes at 0:31  ;D.  The atmosphere is good enough to take you out of the absolute cakewalk of a level Echo's Edge is (along with most of the game).

Might change this one around a bit if I ever submit it, have definitely cooled a bit on it since I started this a month or so ago.  The LH part could've gone a few separate ways, either extremely basic with just the bass notes, or like what I did, combining the ascending piano notes with the bass.  Admittedly, to pull it off, it drops the bass pulse off at parts and kind of feels awkward coming in and back out, so in the future I might change up the notes so that it's intervals instead of the actual ascending notes.  Would love to hear other ideas as well!

🎄Happy Christmas Eve all, have a good a night  ;D

Kricketune54

On the Twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to meeeeeeeeee

12 Animal Buddies

[.PDF]

[.MIDI]

[.MUS]

[.MUSX]

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Toy Day

Welp, this is what happens when there's a mandatory viewing of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation right after dinner.  But hey, I guess like Sam Wainwright in It's a Wonderful Life, I come in at the nick of time with my sheet  8)

There are two versions of "Toy Day" in New Horizons, one for either if it's a sunny day or if it's snowing.  I just did one though, because the snowy version just seemed to add some sparse drumming, which in my opinion didn't need to be translated into another version (the added parts would probably clutter the existing and appropriate sparseness where it exists).

Finally, let's round off 12 Days of Sheetsmas all at once!  This was a fun thing to do over the past 12 days, but I'm kinda glad to now have the daily aspect off my back for another 353 days.

12 Animal Buddies
11 Friends and Foes
10 Lost Lives
9 Deadly Race Tracks
8 Gen III Hikers
7th Handheld Sequel
$6(0) dollar shooter
Fiiiiiive Spoooky Sectooors
4 Special Operatives
3 Giant Kaiju
2 Tournaments (Fishing and Bug)
Aaaaand
Dr. Kaminko's Manor from Pokémon XD

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, and to those who still have a few hours left, I hope you have a great rest of it  ;D

Kricketune54

Time to do the first thread update of 2022!  Not much to show up with today, just a short 8 bar piece.  I was going to submit this for February, but I'm a little dissatisfied with how it turned out so I might not after all yet.  After the first four bars, the spacey albeit straightforward chord notes that make up the LH start to see a variety of octaves come out... at least in the current blend I think I'm almost there, but I don't know if it's worth spending extra time on.

[.PDF]

[.MIDI]

[.MUS]

[.MUSX]

Kirby Star Allies - Planet of Miracles, Popstar

Do people want to see this cleaned up in time, or should I focus on something else?

Kricketune54

Unintentionally, I have posted two space-based arrangements in a row.

Until recently I had never actually played or heard the entirety of the first Star Fox (despite 64 being one of my all-time fav games).  It's certainly a product of its time, but I can still appreciate the innovation that the game brought.  The musical tone though, despite being for the first game in the series, evokes a feeling of 90's coolness that is not really ever replicated outside of the first game in the series.  While I love 64's soundtrack, and the more cinematic, space opera tone that its music brought to the series, Hajime Hirasawa made some bumpin tunes for your space battles in the OG game.

Then there's this.  If you want more context as to what "Out of This Dimension" is from in Star Fox, definitely watch this easter egg video   No current plans to arrange the music for the slot machine boss fight.

Astute listeners will recognize this Star Fox song is itself an arrangement of Johann Strauss's Voices of Spring... after hearing the zaniness of this rendition I had to arrange it.  Hope someone can appreciate it, and that I didn't butcher the accidentals in m37-38

[.PDF]

[.MIDI]

[.MUS]

[.MUSX]

Star Fox - Out of This Dimension

Kricketune54

Pokémon Colosseum has some very memorable location themes (if you played the game lol)... while this might be your third or fourth favorite Orre town theme (i.e. most people like Phenac City, The Under or Pyrite Town's themes more), it's actually my first.  Always gravitated towards the very calm blues feeling, the harmonica, and then the string section that soars in after the first go through of the melody.  It's so rustic!  Glad that I finally took the time today to finish this and share it out there.  I've been practicing this one as well; it won't be ready for tomorrow's performances on Discord, perhaps it'll appear sometime this Spring  ;)

I know it's a fairly big thing to grapple with, but I went back and forth a lot early on on if this should be in 12/18 or 4/4 swing, and I ended up with the latter primarily because of the accompaniment part didn't look super great in 12/8 or 6/8 imo until m22.  Plus I think the swing feeling is more present than your typical 6/8 blues, but  I'd be interested in knowing what others thought though!

[.PDF]

[.MIDI]

[.MUS]

[.MUSX]

Pokémon Colosseum - Agate Village

Kricketune54

Did not intend to post two Pokémon town themes in a row, but here we are! 

Back to Kalos after 7 months time.  One of my favorite town themes... it's got such a relaxed and chill theme to it, but also has a forward feeling rhythm with the percussion parts.  My arrangement attempts to marry the piano and guitar dueling melodies in the section after the intro, though it favors the guitar as far as representation.  If anyone is acutely familiar with this piece, I have also made a lot of embellished rhythms out of piano/string chords that lay under each bar, given that the bass parts are fairly sparse throughout most of "Geosenge Town".

Also upload date not intentional, given the context of this location and big stone "tombs" opening up lol.  Happy Easter to all who celebrate!

[.PDF]

[.MIDI]

[.MUS]

[.MUSX]

Pokémon X & Y - Geosenge Town

Kricketune54

Decided I'd get around to posting my Space Travel Project sheets, both of which were unfortunately not ready on time as it turned out. Not super enthused about my Rogue Squadron sheet given some arranging choices I wasn't totally satisfied with, might play around with it a bit more in the future but not anticipating submitting it anytime soon.

For "Hostiles Revisited", I would be curious to hear if anyone thinks more of the unique embellishments of this version (it is an arrangement of Sector Y from Star Fox 64 to begin with) such as at m8 and m12 should be added in; I personally wasn't sure if they detracted from the melody so I left out in my first go around at least.

[.PDF]

[.MIDI]

[.MUS]

[.MUSX]

The Hangar - Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

[.PDF]

[.MIDI]

[.MUS]

[.MUSX]

Hostiles Revisited - Star Fox: Assault