Console: Wii U
Title: Final Curtain for Meowser
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: amc

[attachment deleted by admin]

amc

Dropped my phone in McDonald's sprite and that mf started charging

Latios212

Really great, I approve! Only thing I would suggest is removing the courtesy natural for the G in m. 9 but that's it.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

amc

Updated.

what do y'all got against courtesy accidentals did one of them fuck your wife or something lol

LeviR.star

Each of the updaters has their own ideas about courtesy accidentals, so it's not always very consistent around here. I'll use them on occasion, but I don't think they're as necessary as others make them out to be; to each their own, I guess.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Happy to explain my reasoning, no need to be rude... it was also a suggestion and not a mandate.

In measure 8 it's pretty apparent the E# and G# function as passing chromatic tones and not changes in the harmony that are meant to persist. Plus bar 9 returns to the tonic chord of D major just like measure 5. I personally think courtesy accidentals are best in places where:
- The harmony is changing back to within the key signature (like in m. 3 here)
- A note immediately follows an altered one in the previous bar
- There is potential confusion between the left and right hand (like m. 10 here)

If you want to keep it, that's fine, but I just don't think it's necessary here.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Looks pretty good, but you're missing a bunch of notes:
  • m1 RH beat 1-2: There should be a G below the A.
  • m1 RH beat 4: Consider moving the A to a G to keep those 3 8th notes (b3.5-4.5) in a parallel structure. I think it sounds nicer that way, but up to you.
  • m2 RH beat 1: There should be a G below the top A.
  • m2 RH beat 2: There should be a D above the C.
  • m2 RH beat 3: There should be a G above the F.
  • m2 RH beat 4: There should be an F above the Eb.
  • m2: Beats 2 and 4 have way more emphasis on them compared to 1 and 3, thanks to the bass drum and timpani. You could put accents on beats 2 and 4 and/or only have the lower LH octaves on those beats.
  • m3 RH beat 1: I think B-E-F#-A would sound better instead of just A-D-A. It gives more prominence to the other colorful notes in that chord. At the very least I would recommend adding the F# in between the D and top A.
  • m6 LH beat 2-2.5: There should be 2 8th notes here, D (4th line) and A (2nd space).
  • m7 LH beat 2.5: There should be an E (1st line).
  • m8 LH beat 1.5: There should be an A (2nd space).

amc

Static

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot