News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

how do you make a website???

Started by PseudoMario16, August 11, 2008, 06:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PseudoMario16

ok, well, i was gonna make a website, and then i realized i have no idea how. help.... plz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

Davey

Learn Html.
<html>
<head>
<title>
</title>
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

Is the basic layout for a starter HTML page, then you need to learn the more advanced tags and properties to do it. If you want a real website, then you have to contact your ISP and register the domain name, which costs money. There are free website hosts, (Freewebs, Google Pages (Closed until the Fall though), and there's a yahoo! one too but the name isn't coming to mind), but those suck.

There's also PHP which is very complicated compared to HTML and I don't even know it. Otherwise good luck!

Pearcinator

Need a program to make html's

Adobe Dreamweaver is my favourite, just it costs a fair amount.

acropol

no you don't need a program for HTML.. all you need is notepad and a web browser.

learning CSS is good too.

Pearcinator

^^ did not know that lol

maybe cos i never use notepad

Mike

Learn HTML and CSS by learning the syntax and then doing small projects to test out what you learned. Once you did that, find an idea for your website, make the pages and find a host to be able to put it online. Most free hosts suck suck major balls, unless of course you have a friend that can host your website for free, because they're very limited and you'll have ads and/or popups. So if you're serious, you're better off getting hosting for like $5 per month and a domain name for less than $10 per year, some hosts even offer the domain name for free.

Then later on you can learn PHP to add a bunch of nice features to your websites.

kotorfanboy

some basic html codes and a free web hoster like freewebs or geocities (the yahoo one Davey) can make you a basic website.

To get a more advanced website you will have to learn more advanced PHP and buy a domain name. Considering you are asking how to make a website in the first place, I would start with some html codes and create a freewebs or geocities account, then work your way up.

(you can just plug "html codes" into a search engine and a bunch of tutorials and code lists will pop up) The html tutorials should also show you how to convert notepad source to an internet service

Also you can go to your internet's toolbar, go to view, then down to page source to see the html codes for whatever website you are on. Copy and pasting parts of websites is plagiarism, but looking at that might give you some ideas.

Fixed

Pearcinator

^^
you can click on the edit button on your last post to edit it.

SuperFireKirby

I use microsoft front page but right now I'm trying to find a hosting website that's free and doesn't suck. (So far, impossible.)

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

acropol

eccentrix.com isnt that bad I think

SuperFireKirby

I might try it when I get around to it.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Playgame38

<<Last number is 8

kotorfanboy

^ those were the codes I was talking about

Nakah

I would not recommend geocities. Freewebs would be much better. I would also suggest learning a bit of Javascript if you plan on making any executable programs or features for the site.

SuperFireKirby

There's no point to make a site without... FEATURES.