Title: Rain Falling in my Heart
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

- RH notes in m8 should occur earlier in the measure.
- Roll the octave at the end of m16/42/66 RH?
- For m12 and all similar measures, I don't think I hear a chord change during the measure (i.e. I would keep the F instead of moving it down to Eb).
- For m26 and m76 LH, it might look cleaner to have all the rests at the same height instead of having two rests at each height.
- I'm not sure if the second half of m26/76 really sounds like a seventh chord to me. If I listen super carefully I can maybe hear an F, but I dunno. You might consider changing the F on beat 3.5 to a G, which sounds better IMO.
- Dynamic in m27 is a bit low.
- Also include the cello notes in the LH at the end of m29, like in m27?
- I feel like there could be some way to optimize this so that you didn't have to write out the same section three times... Maybe something like a repeated section with three endings could get this to fit on three pages, but that might be a bit more confusing to follow. I guess it's also probably fine as is.

I think that's all I've got. Nice sheet.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

Quote from: mastersuperfan on October 26, 2020, 09:40:42 PM- RH notes in m8 should occur earlier in the measure.
oops lol

Quote from: mastersuperfan on October 26, 2020, 09:40:42 PM- Roll the octave at the end of m16/42/66 RH?
- For m26 and m76 LH, it might look cleaner to have all the rests at the same height instead of having two rests at each height.
- Dynamic in m27 is a bit low.
- Also include the cello notes in the LH at the end of m29, like in m27?
Yep, got these

Quote from: mastersuperfan on October 26, 2020, 09:40:42 PM- For m12 and all similar measures, I don't think I hear a chord change during the measure (i.e. I would keep the F instead of moving it down to Eb).
I had that written originally and then second-guessed myself a few times when playing through it since I thought the sound of the Csus chord below the Eb melody sounded a bit off. There's an Eb in the bass that begins the figure continued on beats 3.5-4.5, so my justification for resolving the F>Eb in the chord is that Eb in the bass raised up an octave.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on October 26, 2020, 09:40:42 PM- I'm not sure if the second half of m26/76 really sounds like a seventh chord to me. If I listen super carefully I can maybe hear an F, but I dunno. You might consider changing the F on beat 3.5 to a G, which sounds better IMO.
Sounds good to me!

Quote from: mastersuperfan on October 26, 2020, 09:40:42 PM- I feel like there could be some way to optimize this so that you didn't have to write out the same section three times... Maybe something like a repeated section with three endings could get this to fit on three pages, but that might be a bit more confusing to follow. I guess it's also probably fine as is.
Yeah, m. 9-24, 35-50, and 59-74 are almost the same - their ending measures are different, and the last iteration has a rit. in it towards the end. But the things that really throw a wrench in it are:
- m. 16 is different from m. 42 and 66
- m. 64 is different from m. 14 and 40
Both of these occur in different iterations the middle of the 16-bar phrase, so it'd be a bit nasty to try and pick those apart. Aside from that, the 1st/2nd/3rd endings would be 9 measures each, so it might get a but confusing to jump around. Lastly (I know you didn't ask for this much detail sorry lol) this is a track with a definitive end so I'm a bit more inclined to just write it all out. By the way, this "almost repeating but not exactly" seems to be a common occurrence across the OST, from what I've worked on so far :P

Files updated, thanks for checking! :D

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Maelstrom

I understand the splitting of the barline in m12 LH b2 and similar, but it creates a set of 3, which is weird and might be confused for a triplet, especially since there's no RH notes to line it up with.

Aside from that, I have no issues; great work.

oh wait, it's really nitpicky but the 8vas in the systems of m13 and m63 aren't in line with each other. Shouldn't be that hard to fix and would look nice. If you want to be extra nitpicky you could try to standardize them through the sheet but that's more than I'd ask.

Latios212

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 24, 2020, 01:10:24 PMI understand the splitting of the barline in m12 LH b2 and similar, but it creates a set of 3, which is weird and might be confused for a triplet, especially since there's no RH notes to line it up with.
Sure, I can split those up. Updated the files!

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 24, 2020, 01:10:24 PMoh wait, it's really nitpicky but the 8vas in the systems of m13 and m63 aren't in line with each other. Shouldn't be that hard to fix and would look nice. If you want to be extra nitpicky you could try to standardize them through the sheet but that's more than I'd ask.
This is intentional - to prioritize keeping the 8va line roughly the same height above the notes rather than at the same horizontal level as the other one which is a measure away.

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 24, 2020, 01:10:24 PMAside from that, I have no issues; great work.
Thanks! And thanks for checking!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot