News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Zeila's Halloween Sheet | [MUL] Trivia Murder Party - List of the Dead Song

Started by Zeila, October 08, 2020, 05:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeila

[MUL] Trivia Murder Party - List of the Dead Song
[MUS] | [MUSX]

The official name is from this, and I figure that it would be better to have the game be classified under "Trivia Murder Party" instead of "The Jackbox Party Pack 3", although I don't mind changing it in the sheet itself. Also, the run at measure 29 was simplified

Kricketune54

Maelstrom

m1 LH b2 - I only hear a single Bb here, no harmony
m16 RH - there's a note here and it's a Bb
Maybe a rubato in the tempo marking? Or somewhere.
This sheet could use a healthy dose of 8vas/celf changes. The ledger lines get a bit insane and borderline illegible at times.

Zeila

Quote from: Kricketune54 on October 08, 2020, 06:02:56 PMGreat pick!  That's a fun game on the collection for sure
Yeah it's certainly fun to play with friends :3

Quote from: Maelstrom on October 10, 2020, 01:16:41 PMm1 LH b2 - I only hear a single Bb here, no harmony
I think the G is quieter than the Bb, but I still hear one on beat 2

Quote from: Maelstrom on October 10, 2020, 01:16:41 PMm16 RH - there's a note here and it's a Bb
I don't hear this at all

Quote from: Maelstrom on October 10, 2020, 01:16:41 PMMaybe a rubato in the tempo marking? Or somewhere.
Done

Quote from: Maelstrom on October 10, 2020, 01:16:41 PMThis sheet could use a healthy dose of 8vas/celf changes. The ledger lines get a bit insane and borderline illegible at times.
I thought it would be okay since some of the notes are relative to others within some interval, but sure. I added clef changes but I left the RH alone

Maelstrom

Quote from: Zeila on October 17, 2020, 03:45:41 PMI don't hear this at all
I hear this loud and clear. If the next updater could specifically check for this, I can approve it.

While I will approve it regardless, might I recommend an 8va for m11-16 and 21-24 RH? I think it would make the parts much easier to sight read, and most of the transitions in/out of these sections are dotted half notes, so mental transitions to and from the 8va should be negligible. I can't see a reason not to include these.

Latios212

- I think the An's in m. 13/43 may be better as Bbb's (Cb7 chord). Same for m. 29 - and there you could write the G# as Ab if you write the An as Bbb
- End the crescendo before (not on) the barline in m. 16
- m. 26 is missing the lower octave Dn in the left hand. I would suggest prioritizing that over the F to preserve the descending bass pattern
- I'd consider dropping m. 31 LH down an octave
- Fermata on the last LH note

Quote from: Maelstrom on October 10, 2020, 01:16:41 PMm16 RH - there's a note here and it's a Bb
Quote from: Zeila on October 17, 2020, 03:45:41 PMI don't hear this at all
Quote from: Maelstrom on October 18, 2020, 07:42:02 AMI hear this loud and clear. If the next updater could specifically check for this, I can approve it.
I don't think I hear it either.

Quote from: Maelstrom on October 18, 2020, 07:42:02 AMWhile I will approve it regardless, might I recommend an 8va for m11-16 and 21-24 RH? I think it would make the parts much easier to sight read, and most of the transitions in/out of these sections are dotted half notes, so mental transitions to and from the 8va should be negligible. I can't see a reason not to include these.
I think 11-16 as fine as is (it starts out with a phrase similar to other sections, and only goes a bit higher). On the other hand, yes I think 21-24 would be much better using an 8va.

Speaking of that section:
You cannot view this attachment.
The keysig contains a lot of flats, but the contour of the octaves here (i.e. descending/ascending pairs of chromatic tones) is visually lost the way it's currently written. I think this makes it a bit easier to read, but lemme know what you think.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeila

Quote from: Latios212 on October 18, 2020, 12:13:27 PMSpeaking of that section:
~snip~
The keysig contains a lot of flats, but the contour of the octaves here (i.e. descending/ascending pairs of chromatic tones) is visually lost the way it's currently written. I think this makes it a bit easier to read, but lemme know what you think.
Yeah that makes sense since it keeps the pattern more visually consistent

Quote from: Latios212 on October 18, 2020, 12:13:27 PM- I think the An's in m. 13/43 may be better as Bbb's (Cb7 chord). Same for m. 29 - and there you could write the G# as Ab if you write the An as Bbb
- End the crescendo before (not on) the barline in m. 16
- m. 26 is missing the lower octave Dn in the left hand. I would suggest prioritizing that over the F to preserve the descending bass pattern
- I'd consider dropping m. 31 LH down an octave
- Fermata on the last LH note
I think 11-16 as fine as is (it starts out with a phrase similar to other sections, and only goes a bit higher). On the other hand, yes I think 21-24 would be much better using an 8va.
Updated

Latios212

Awesome! Sorry, one last thing, see if you can mess around with the spacing a bit in m. 23 so that the sharps aren't practically touching the previous notes.

That should be it before I accept :3

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeila

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle