A few Damn's and Hell's here or there
17 (44.7%)
A few F-Words here and there
14 (36.8%)
Unlimited F-Words
4 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 37

HugoMeister

If somebody really cared that much about profanity, I don't think they'd be hanging out in some bar. I mean really, drunks everywhere. :P

Anyway, the site doesn't need censorship; it needs some of its members to grow up. Swearing isn't cool, or mature or anything like that. I don't care if people swear occasionally, like "oh damn it" or something, but posting like a whole page of "fuck" is just being immature. Seriously. The site shouldn't have to 'dumb-itself-down' in a way just because a few people can't seem to find a more intellectual word to express themselves.

It basically boils down to "shut up and grow up".

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

iDOWN

Oh my god I'm so late with everything lately on this forum. lol.

I'm trying to catch up, so I only have time to say that I agree with Brawler completely. :P

-runs off to school-

Brawler4Ever

Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Super Zombie

The new poll is way better. And Gamer, don't get all RAWR! every time someone disagrees with you. Harvest, that link was hilarious. One of the first things they have on the site is to defend themselves that they aren't a cult! XD

Mike

Quote from: Dekudude on August 13, 2008, 08:48:13 PMI'm tired, so I didn't read all of that, but here's what I got:

Q - Why do we allow profanity?
A - We don't.

Solution - More mods. :D That's why I did the whole NSM police thing... which Jamaha doesn't seem to like a lot, so he canceled. But no, people just don't care, and those that do don't do anything about it. :(

QuoteRULES

Swearing is allowed on occasion; but abusing it by adding f**k in every post will get you in trouble.

pwnt by your own post.

Harvest

I had some reasons to allow swearing but yeah know, would take too long to type and seems pointless.
-

SuperFireKirby

I'm not supporting swearing so often it makes people's heads explode but on occasion I think it's fine.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

kotorfanboy

Quote from: HugoMeister on August 13, 2008, 11:54:39 PMIf somebody really cared that much about profanity, I don't think they'd be hanging out in some bar. I mean really, drunks everywhere. :P

Anyway, the site doesn't need censorship; it needs some of its members to grow up. Swearing isn't cool, or mature or anything like that. I don't care if people swear occasionally, like "oh damn it" or something, but posting like a whole page of "fuck" is just being immature. Seriously. The site shouldn't have to 'dumb-itself-down' in a way just because a few people can't seem to find a more intellectual word to express themselves.

It basically boils down to "shut up and grow up".

But as of now it seems they are too immature to grow up, so the mods need to do something.

KefkaticFanatic

MY PRIME REASON FOR SWEARING:

Look at these two statements.

"Holy fucking shit"

"Holy cow"

Which one comes across as more shocked or strong?

me irl
[close]

Super Zombie

Gamer, no could put that any better. That really is why swearing is used. HOLY COW! would just sound stupid. Seriously, are we five years old?

SuperFireKirby

You could say GEEZ LUWEEZ! :D

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Nakah

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 15, 2008, 09:18:29 AMYou could say GEEZ LUWEEZ! :D

Ha-ha-ho-he-ho-a-ha-ho-ha-ha-ha, and I thought my jokes were bad.

The-Real-Link

I, personally, think none at all would be the best thing for the site. Especially in the aspect of seeming "professional" Some of my friends cuss a little bit, but I am not a fan of swearing in general.

Mike

First of all, forget seeming professional when most of the members are like 13 years old and think everything is wrong because of the religion they follow.

Gooch

Im sticking with my original post, i dont mind very little/ occasional swearing along the lines of "damn" or "hell" but i dont wanna read a whole post of filth. So, i would be just fine if they found a way to totally ban it, but i would also be fine if they just took out the serious ones (you know the ones im talking about). So, i voted for occasional 'damn' or 'hell'