News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [XBOX360] Fez - "Home" by Apind

Started by Zeta, November 10, 2020, 05:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Fez
Console: Xbox 360
Title: Home
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Apind

Apind

https://youtu.be/XDfRB4LcjNA

Stuff I didn't include/Stuff I'm not sure about/Stuff I can't fix in notepad/Stuff I don't know how to do:
- Maybe the continuous 8th note line should be in the left hand
- 32nd notes in measures 21 and 29 might be grace notes
- There's an extra voice I left out in measure 25
- I have no clue what happened at measures 33-36
- 8th notes block up the word "Home" in measure 38
- I don't know how to do the decrescendo effectively in measures 40 and 48
- Ritardando needs to be slower in measure 49 (or maybe it needs to start earlier
- not really sure what to do with the copyright at the bottom so I just ignored it.

Radiak488417

Always loved this piece  :)

Quote from: Apind on November 10, 2020, 05:09:57 PM- Maybe the continuous 8th note line should be in the left hand
I think this is the biggest thing this arrangement needs, and there are a couple different ways you could do it. You could do clef changes in the lower staff, or you could leave it the way it is and add a performance direction indicating that the ostinato should be performed with the left hand. There are some other ways to do it as well but those are the main ones I can think of right now. I think there are some spots where you might want to omit the first 8th note in the ostinato as well, so that the left hand can play the bass note (like m39 and m43).

Quote from: Apind on November 10, 2020, 05:09:57 PM- 32nd notes in measures 21 and 29 might be grace notes
Yeah I think grace notes make the most sense here, and I'm hearing the high E's start on beat 1 of the next measure as opposed to being tied over.

- I know there's a drum part that comes in at m9 in the original, but unless you plan to notate it I think you can probably delete m9-16 and put a repeat at the end of m8
- There's an A playing under the high B in m22 RH
- There's a voice under the melody playing G# - A that you could include in m30-31
- Melody in m34 should be G#- A - E - A
- m39 there should be a G# under the D in voice 2
- m39-40, the first note of each 8th note group should be D instead of C# (except for the last group)
- The console should be changed to Xbox 360, since that was the first platform Fez released on (you can't do this so an updater will have to fix it)

There's a bunch of formatting stuff as well, but I can't really help with any of that, so I'll leave that for an updater to help you with. Also I wouldn't worry about the playback of the ritardando, what's important is that it's readable.

Latios212

Quote from: Apind on November 10, 2020, 05:09:57 PM- Maybe the continuous 8th note line should be in the left hand
Quote from: Radiak488417 on November 11, 2020, 08:53:42 PMI think this is the biggest thing this arrangement needs, and there are a couple different ways you could do it. You could do clef changes in the lower staff, or you could leave it the way it is and add a performance direction indicating that the ostinato should be performed with the left hand. There are some other ways to do it as well but those are the main ones I can think of right now. I think there are some spots where you might want to omit the first 8th note in the ostinato as well, so that the left hand can play the bass note (like m39 and m43).
I think leaving it on the top staff with some sort of performance direction is okay. There will be some parts of the middle line that need to be taken by either hand (i.e. beat 1 of m. 19 must be RH, beat 3.5 must be left) so I'd say it's fine to leave it. The exception to that is the second half of m. 21 through m. 24 (and 29+ similarly) where the entirety of the line must be played by the left hand, so those parts would be better off on the lower staff.

Quote from: Radiak488417 on November 11, 2020, 08:53:42 PM- The console should be changed to Xbox 360, since that was the first platform Fez released on (you can't do this so an updater will have to fix it)
Fixed that!

Quote from: Apind on November 10, 2020, 05:09:57 PM- not really sure what to do with the copyright at the bottom so I just ignored it.
Developer/publisher and release year. So here, something like
Polytron, Trapdoor © 2012
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Apind

Awesome! thanks, I'll fix it up tomorrow because I'm winding down and don't feel like doing it right now, although, what is a performance direction? is it just text saying "play it on the left hand"?

Latios212

Quote from: Apind on November 13, 2020, 09:14:37 PMwhat is a performance direction? is it just text saying "play it on the left hand"?
Yeah that's pretty much what I meant :P although here it's more like "play with LH as necessary" since some notes are better off on the RH.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Apind

oh yeah! this thing exists! So I didn't really respond to this because I really do not understand the things to fix I got from Radiak. They make no sense to me. They say things that I simply do not see whatsoever. I'm not sure if they got the key signature wrong or something but these notes do not make sense. for example:

"There's an A playing under the high B in m22 RH"
What high B?

Maybe I'm just painfully incorrect but I just cannot understand the notes given here.

Radiak488417

Sorry for any confusion, I meant this high B on beat 3 in measure 22:

Feel free to message me on Discord if there's anything else you need clarified!

Apind

Hey all sorry for not really doing anything with this one. I lost all real interest in it pretty quickly after finishing it and just never felt like going back to fix it, so yeah this one is dead

Latios212

Well that's unfortunate :/ I'll archive this submission then. The feedback and files will always be here to refer to in the future if you ever feel up to working on it again to resubmit.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle