Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Wii Sounds
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: amc

[attachment deleted by admin]

amc

Dropped my phone in McDonald's sprite and that mf started charging

Static

Well I suppose I should give feedback as usual...

I actually hear this an octave lower than you have it written.

Edit: Also, if you know of any other Wii error sounds or just other Wii sound effects, feel free to include those and make a compilation sheet (see the SMB3 sound effects sheet as an example).

amc

LeviR.star

Well done, we needed this sheet. Several things:

- I think I'm sensing this in swing feel, and at 75 BPM rather than 60
- only forte? When the Wii crashes while your parents are sleeping, it's at least at at fortissimo
- this is just a personal opinion, but I'd consider re-writing this in D double-sharp minor, in order to educate the community on music theory. If you refuse, we absolutely cannot have your sheet on this site
- did some research, and found that this sound was composed by Kazumi Totaka, the same guy who did the Wii Shop/Mii Channel themes
- Maelstrom and I both agree that this should be renamed "-̴͎̖͠-̶̥̀-̵̣̃_̸̤́_̶̲͋-̴͇͐-̷̼͖̇". I'll have you know that most NSM veterans are fluent in Hardwarian dialect

I'm looking forward to your next sheet in this series! Maybe the original Xbox's next?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Maelstrom

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 20, 2020, 02:15:11 PM- Maelstrom and I both agree that this should be renamed "-̴͎̖͠-̶̥̀-̵̣̃_̸̤́_̶̲͋-̴͇͐-̷̼͖̇". I'll have you know that most NSM veterans are fluent in Hardwarian dialect
wait i thought this only happened in my dream why do you remember it too

amc

Updated. I've made a small collection of some Wii sounds. Here's the video I listened to:

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 20, 2020, 03:32:23 PMWell done, we needed this sheet. Several things:

- I think I'm sensing this in swing feel, and at 75 BPM rather than 60
- only forte? When the Wii crashes while your parents are sleeping, it's at least at at fortissimo
- this is just a personal opinion, but I'd consider re-writing this in D double-sharp minor, in order to educate the community on music theory. If you refuse, we absolutely cannot have your sheet on this site
- did some research, and found that this sound was composed by Kazumi Totaka, the same guy who did the Wii Shop/Mii Channel themes
- Maelstrom and I both agree that this should be renamed "-̴͎̖͠-̶̥̀-̵̣̃_̸̤́_̶̲͋-̴͇͐-̷̼͖̇". I'll have you know that most NSM veterans are fluent in Hardwarian dialect

I'm looking forward to your next sheet in this series! Maybe the original Xbox's next?
Ask and ye shall receive.

LeviR.star

You madlad, you actually did all of this?

Props to you.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

Going off that video, here's some more feedback:
  • Insert Disc: There should be an E in the LH
  • Virtual Console: There should be a G below the E in the LH.
  • Update: You should change the title to include the other things it's used for (Scan, Complete, Delete).
  • Home Button and Return to Home Menu: These sound like they should be an octave higher than written.
  • Connecting to Wi-Fi: Add the hyphen to "Wi-Fi"; you can put repeats around this particular sound effect; I hear the rhythm as this:
    Spoiler
    (in terms of 32nd notes its 3+3+3+2; up to you how you want to write that)
    [close]

Other general things:
  • I think it would be best to avoid using key signatures, since nothing here suggests any kind of tonality. It's just sound effects.
  • Back and Exclamation should be added (1:30 in the video).

amc

I think the Exclamation and Update/Scan/Complete/Delete sounds are the same. Should I just replace it with Exclamation?

Static

Quote from: amc on December 20, 2020, 04:31:31 PMI think the Exclamation and Update/Scan/Complete/Delete sounds are the same. Should I just replace it with Exclamation?
Oh oops, yeah that's right. Just add Exclamation to that list of other titles.

amc

Static

I have a few last formatting things:
  • I know it's hard to move around systems when they're all bunched up like this, but the composer/arranger info should ideally be below the game title. You have enough space to move everything down/closer together, but it might be tricky with this particular sheet.
  • The grace notes for virtual console should be lined up.
  • The mezzopiano for SD Card can be moved to between the staves, there's a lot more room there anyway.
  • Maybe use a different time signature for Connecting to Wi-Fi like 11/32? I'd also consider doubling the note values/tempo to make it easier to read (use 11/16 if you do this). I think that would convey the uneven rhythms a bit more clearly.

amc

Static