News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Cashwarrior1's Piano Arrangements *NEW* Xenoblade Chronicles

Started by cashwarrior1, December 23, 2020, 07:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cashwarrior1

It's finally here! Probably the hardest thing I've ever arranged. From the weird time signature stuff (how could 4/4 cause me such a headache D:) to trying to figure out rhythms and chords because this soundfont is hard to distinguish. I'm not entirely confident on the chords, but I really just needed to get this one finished and set aside. I am definitely looking forward to the inevitable discussions on how this should be notated (and how I likely have the wrong chords rip) in the near (?) future. But now, I can finally move on to what I've been looking forward to... PSMD dungeon themes!

Plok!

Beach
[musx] [mus] [midi] [pdf]

cashwarrior1

I uploaded videos of my pokemon black and white arrangements!

cashwarrior1

Alright, I'm starting my weekly zelda sheets (every friday). I did this really short one first because I discovered it recently and I can't stop thinking about it. It's really simple, and didn't require too much effort to arrange (which is good because I'm a little burnt out on arranging big stuff lol)

Christine's House

cashwarrior1

Week 2 of Zelda Friday ;) This one always has had a strange nostalgic feeling to it, despite me never playing skyward sword or really listening to its ost. I think it reminds me of minecraft zelda mods and also that pokemon in minecraft project I worked on. This might be because the instruments used and the composition feel very pokemon-like (especially gen 7), which might also be why I like it so much.

Bamboo Island

cashwarrior1

Zelda Friday Week 3! This track is an arrangement of "Seal of the Seven Maidens" from A Link to the Past and honestly the context of it being a theme for hyrule fields makes it sound super epic and grand. It's a little hard to capture the energy when that's mostly through the percussion, but I think having that space in the middle of the measures actually captures the floaty feeling well while the tempo itself keeps the energy.

Hyrule Fields

cashwarrior1

Zelda Friday Week 4! A lot of people talk about The Great Sea from Wind Waker, but I think the version in Phantom Hourglass is just as good. It's interesting to see the different direction they took the melody to make it feel more appropriate in a smaller world. I wanted it to still feel adventurous, so I focused on making the harmony more dense compared to the original's sparse harmonic density.

The Great Sea

cashwarrior1

Zelda Friday Week 5! A nostalgic track for me, since this was my second zelda game. I love how they use the zelda main theme/title screen as an opening then in the B section. It's a strangely melancholic tune, which makes sense as it plays when link and zelda talk about what they'll do after everything's done.

Before the Final Battle

TheZeldaPianist275

I'm enjoying these, Cash.  Zelda deep cuts make the world go round.  Tri Force Heroes in particular has one of the most underrated soundtracks ever.  Keep it up!

cashwarrior1

Zelda Friday Week 6! Forgot to upload this on Friday, oops. Anyways, this track was one I tried arranging in the past (one of the first things I arranged) and I thought I'd go back to it and make a proper arrangement. A little concerned about B section with the arpeggios since it's not exactly the most natural thing to play, but I think it's fine.

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords

Sea of Trees

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on July 07, 2021, 07:44:23 AMI'm enjoying these, Cash.  Zelda deep cuts make the world go round.  Tri Force Heroes in particular has one of the most underrated soundtracks ever.  Keep it up!
Thanks! I too love the TFH ost, and I wanna populate the site with more sheets lol

cashwarrior1

Zelda Friday Week 7! I really like this version of Zelda's Lullaby, especially with the added section at the end. The intervals used in addition to the instrument used are very musically descriptive. I love how simple the piece is while getting so much color with the large intervals in the chords. Definitely emulates playing a harp on the piano, lol

Zelda's Lullaby

cashwarrior1

Zelda Friday Week 8! This was one I wanted to do for a while, but I was always intimidated by trying to make it playable. As it turns out, it mostly is in a range that is playable, though I'm not sure how comfortable it is. There's 4 voices, trumpet, french horn, trombone, and tuba. The trumpet and tuba are pretty easy to pick out, as they are at the extremities of the overall range. The french horn and trombone were more cumbersome as they often played in the same range, which usually means they both stick to the left hand. I tried balancing between hands while still making each voice clear; I may have to go through and change the octaves they play before submitting, though.

Peaceful Castle

cashwarrior1

Zelda Friday Week 9! This is another track that I had arranged several years ago when first starting out, though I never notated it (not that it was a good arrangement lol). It's quite simple, though I was having trouble deciding whether or not to make the key change at the end when it goes through several keys. Since the Db was persistent, I though I'd add that to the key signature, but then I'd need to also include Ab. In the end I decided that having accidentals will just make things easier for the reader, as they won't have to think about what new flats are added.

Tower of Spirits (Dungeon)

cashwarrior1

Zelda Friday Week 10! I missed last week because I was moving and didn't have time to get to it, so to make up for it, I did two arrangements this week. First, I arranged Player Select: Zelda from Link's Awakening. Always loved the groovy themes from this game. Really it's just the main theme with a rhythmic accompaniment, but it really adds to the character. Also, the remake's version adds some great percussion and is fun to listen to.

Player Select: Zelda

Next up I have Papuchia Village from Spirit Tracks. This one is really simple and really relaxing. There were some parts later on that had a countermelody but I decided to not include it to keep with the simplicity (also I don't think it would've been comfortable to play). Honestly I kind of forgot this one existed until it showed up in my playlist, it can be pretty forgettable in my opinion.

Papuchia Village

cashwarrior1

Zelda Friday Week 11! I had noticed that we didn't have the Famicom version of the battle theme from Zelda II. Figured it'd be an easy arrangement and worth doing. It does have a remix in minish cap, so I may do that one at some point as well.

Battle Theme (Famicom)

cashwarrior1

Zelda Friday Week 12! A tune that I've wanted to arrange for a while. It's Hilda's theme!... Or wait is it Ravio's theme since this is when he shows up? Or is it the theme of Lorule 🤔. Regardless, it is an arrangement of Hilda's theme and it sounds wonderful.

Return of the Hero