News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[PC] Touhou 2: Story of Eastern Wonderland - "World of Empty Dreams" by BlueKirby

Started by Zeta, December 24, 2020, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Touhou
Game: Touhou 2: Story of Eastern Wonderland
Console: PC
Title: World of Empty Dreams
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: BlueKirby

[attachment deleted by admin]

BlueKirby

need hlep with formatting on measure count in system, or whatever.

also while i was doing this i had the video playing in the background and my headphones unplugged themselves so when i plugged them back in i got jumpscared by the pause ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
pfp is by me

My MuseScore

play len'en and kid icarus uprising

Maelstrom

m6 b2 - F, not a B.

I have a large issue with your take on this song; the overuse of RH octaves drives the difficulty up considerably when it honestly doesn't need to. This many parallel 10ths are not fun to play in quick succession. I would recommend just using the octaves for the whole notes, and possibly not at all in the section with the 2nd layer notes, but maybe keep it in places like m60-61. There's some freedom in how you approach making this section playable (detailed in the next paragraph) and it doesn't necessarily require removing the octaves here./

Since your bassline relies on staccato off beat notes, I'm wondering how a performer would hold notes for the indicated length in places like m50-51. I'd suggest either cutting down the layer 1 notes and combining the layers or messing with the octaves to get something more playable.

Maelstrom

Discussed with bluekirby over discord, and it has been updated and I approve.

mastersuperfan

Here is a folder containing files with the following edits:
- Initial tempo changed from 141 to 142
- Double barline added at end of m15 to indicate section change
- Rhythm added to LH in m30-31
- More harmonies to RH
- In m51/55/59/etc., moved the RH on beat 3 up an octave since that's what it sounds like to me; also added C's to the LH on those beats
- Spread out the systems a little more (only five on page 2 instead of six)
- Changed the repeat to a D.C.; it's preferable to use a D.C. when it's multiple pages long since they know exactly where to jump to instead of trying to find whether there was a forward repeat bar somewhere in the sheet

Let me know if you have any questions or any other changes you wanted to make!
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mastersuperfan

Made one more edit: changed beats 3-4 of m79 to be single notes instead of chords.

Looks good!
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Zeta