Game: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: 12:00 A.M.
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Whoppybones

[attachment deleted by admin]

Static

Welcome to NinSheetMusic!

• Some general things first... The title should be "12:00 A.M." to be consistent with the rest of the sheets we have.
  • You should include the rainy/snowy variations like in Sidon's recent 9:00 P.M. sheet, and in all of the ACWW and ACNL sheets (many of the ACGC ones are old and don't have them, but they need replacements anyway). You can find those other variations here. You can probably get away with putting at least the normal/rainy variations on a single page, but with some small changes and/or a performance note (see this or this as an example).
  • This track, like most of the other tracks in this game, was not composed by Kazumi Totaka. It was composed by Yasuaki Iwata, Yumi Takahashi, Shinobu Nagata, Sayako Doi, and Masato Ohashi (yes you have to list them all).
  • What arranger name would you prefer on the site? Once this is accepted, it'll show up as squarrels on the website rather than Whoppybones. Your "arranger name" on your profile should match the one on the sheet. Let us know which one you prefer and we can change your arranger name for you.
  • When writing rhythms in standard 4/4 time, you should (almost) always show beat 3 clearly. Here's what I mean:
    Spoiler

^ This is what you currently have. beat 3 is obscured by the half note. You should only place half notes directly on beats 1, 2, or 3; otherwise use ties.

^ Here's the same rhythm, but written with ties. Because of this, the rhythm is much more clear and easy to read at a glance (the easier your sheets are to read [not necessarily play], the more likely people will want to play them!). If you want some additional info on this, check out this topic Latios made awhile back.
    [close]
  • Some of the LH chords (like the first one in m1) sound like they should be rolled (aka the vertical squiggly line).
  • m3/14 LH should have a D on beat 2 (just like m9).
  • m7-10, 16-19 should have Eb and F as the bottom notes of those chords instead of F and G.
  • The LH chords sound like they are held all the way through the next measure (i.e. tied to a whole note in the following measure).
  • Consider using articulations. That melody sounds a lot more like this to me than just regular old quarter notes:
    Spoiler
    [close]
  • Because of the above two points, I would suggest leaving out the pedaling instructions. The performer should be able to choose when to pedal in this piece (for large chords, etc.).
  • m21-23 LH: The Bb in the 2nd chord should be an A.
  • m23 LH: The rhythm is slightly different here; it should be a dotted quarter + tied half note instead of two half notes.
  • Various formatting things: You can easily fit this on one page with some spacing adjustments; the N, S, and M in NinSheetMusic should be capitalized; some systems are colliding with the copyright info and page numbers.

Since you use NotePad, I have a revision of the sheet here for you to download with all of the changes I mentioned. Feel free to upload these files (go to NSM Panel and click "Edit" to upload the new versions. If you have any questions, or if you disagree with anything, please let me know.

Edit: I should mention, in the future, please remember to post a source to the original audio (could be a video, audio file, whatever). I'll link the source I used here again for others to use.

Whoppybones

Could you put the octaves in on your sheet? I'm afraid I'll mess up formatting, and it might be easier to simply add a note (like your dynamics note for the normal/rain) saying "R.H. plays as written as well as the octave below" or something like that.

Static

Quote from: Whoppybones on January 28, 2021, 09:15:43 PMCould you put the octaves in on your sheet? I'm afraid I'll mess up formatting, and it might be easier to simply add a note (like your dynamics note for the normal/rain) saying "R.H. plays as written as well as the octave below" or something like that.
That's a good idea, I think. Here's a revised version with all the variations on one page. Feel free to use it.

In the future, if you make any changes to your submission, be sure to post what you changed so that we know if anything's different from the previous version.

Whoppybones

I have edited the files to Static's updated ones. They should now all be correct.

Static

Latios212

This sheet looks great! Nice work and thanks Static for the help.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta