Series: Other
Game: Shadowgate
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Entryway
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Atcero

[attachment deleted by admin]

Atcero

Also known as "Main Theme" so can change that to fit it if need be.
Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

Latios212

As this piece is in 12/8, you need to adjust the rhythm groups as such. Each measure is divided into four beats, each containing three eighth notes, and this visual distinction needs to be made more clear. For the first measures, that means writing the quarter note G as an eighth tied to an eighth, to show where the second group of three starts. For the left hand, the half note + eighth note should be written as dotted quarter + quarter. Give the sheet a pass and let me know if you need help.

Also, missing a tempo marking, in dotted quarter :P
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Atcero

That makes sense, got that all fixed up!
I hope thats the only stuff wrong on this super hard sheet.
Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

Latios212

The measures with whole notes need to be adjusted too :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Atcero

Oooo youre killing me smalls LOL

Hopefully got it good to go now with the proper beaming. Thank ya!

Spoiler
[close]

Latios212

Apologies for the wait :)

This looksgreat, I just have a few small things to comment on:
- The first RH note of each measure is articulated differently in the original - putting staccatos on these would be good.
- I'd suggest writing the dotted quarter tied to the dotted half in m. 4 instead of the opposite. The same goes for m. 6 and 8 since they should will up the measure in the same way.
- Unlike measures 1 and 4, the second note in the left hand is held until the third note - there shouldn't be a rest. You could write it as a dotted half instead of dotted quarter tied to quarter + eighth rest.
- Measure 4, the second left hand note should last for the duration of four eighth notes (write as dotted quarter tied to eighth) and be follow by two eighth rests before the three C's at the end.

I'll grab the formatting (measures numbers and whatever else) after that's updated!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Chatted over Discord and fixed the formatting. Good to go :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

This sheet looks good to me.  Only thing I'm wondering about is the title; I'm finding a fair few different titles for this around 'Entryway', 'Entranceway', 'Castle Halls'...  I'm not really familiar with the game, but is there a good/consistent source to use for this?

Atcero

Not that I can find. The remake uses a different name for it, and the articles and other music sites I'm checking just call it "Entryway" for the most part as well.

Spoiler
[close]

Libera

Quote from: Atcero on March 06, 2021, 01:57:16 PMNot that I can find. The remake uses a different name for it, and the articles and other music sites I'm checking just call it "Entryway" for the most part as well.

Ok well provided that we're consistent in the future that's alright.

I've just fixed the margins and staff separation and will now accept.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot