News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Nintendo's realy going down the drain >__> and with VC too.

Started by MetroidHunter26, August 15, 2008, 07:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The-Real-Link

I think the many gamers are often looking for too much in a game, and forget to enjoy what's there. Twilight Princess was a VERY good game. No, it's not the best game ever made, it's not even the best Zelda game, but it's a GOOD game. I think people are often looking for the PERFECT game, and forget to enjoy themselves. Nintendo, as well as other companies, make really good games on a pretty frequent basis. Every once in a while we will get an amazing gem like Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy IV, Mario RPG, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Smash Bros. Brawl, and so much more. It's just that we are looking for it too hard, and then we get disappointed when a game is not as good as those are. If we can learn to get over that, and just enjoy what is there to enjoy then we will see that a lot of games deserve more credit than they are generally given.
Same thing with graphics. People often criticize the Wii's graphics. True, they do not have the capabilities of the PS3, but they are still very clean and pretty. Take Twilight Princess for example. TP looks AMAZING. Is it realistic, no. Graphics don't have to look real to be a beautiful work of art. I dare anyone here to watch one of the Eternal Sonata trailers and tell me the graphics look bad. We need to start appreciating the hard work that game makers put into the games that they give us. I'm not saying that every game is good. I've played a lot of terrible games. But at the same time, there are a lot of good games out there. People just need to stop looking for perfect games, because you won't find it. Just like Ocarina of Time, or Final Fantasy IV, they are going to come when you least expect it.

KefkaticFanatic

TRL:  It may be a good game, but when you have far superior games on other consoles, and even on the last gen, it sure is a turnoff.

me irl
[close]

The-Real-Link

Quote from: Gamer4250 on August 30, 2008, 12:08:28 PMTRL:  It may be a good game, but when you have far superior games on other consoles, and even on the last gen, it sure is a turnoff.
I'm not putting down other games, I'm just saying that it IS worth playing. There are far superior games on other consoles from this gen, last gen, and gens past. Shoot, one of my all-time favorite games in for the SNES and I still have it, and still play it! I just saying you shouldn't pass up a chance to play it just because it isn't perfect.

KefkaticFanatic

But why waste my precious time with a game that is far inferior to so many other things?

That is my point.

me irl
[close]

The-Real-Link

Quote from: Gamer4250 on August 31, 2008, 10:29:11 AMBut why waste my precious time with a game that is far inferior to so many other things?

That is my point.
I'm not saying everybody is going to like it. I, personally, enjoyed the game very much. I'm just saying that people who have never played it should at least give it a chance.

Tranzlater

360= Really repetetive FPSes that get boring quick
PS3= S*** expensive, and no good games that are worth buying the console for
Wii= Not so good graphics, not so powerful, but a really cool way of working and some pretty awesome games. Its really those bloody 3rd partyers that make things so irritating.
And complaining doesn't really make things better 'cept infuriate everybody. I'd like to wonder about the future though.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

MetroidHunter26

Well either way I'm happy I got a 360 8) but the Wii will get something....eventually >__>

B-Kpianist

I'm so glad banjo is coming soon, and Trouble in Paradise Next week! ;D
I hope something good for the wii will come, Super Paper Mario is the best game for Wii (imo), and the only that i don't get sick of (hard to find a game you wanna play over and over now-a-days). It's the only game that's close to being as good as a good ol' N64 platformer  :)

Mike

Super Mario RPG on the VC today. So that just gave it a few points right there. Now waiting for Mega Man 9.

The-Real-Link

Quote from: Mike on September 01, 2008, 10:24:19 AMSuper Mario RPG on the VC today. So that just gave it a few points right there. Now waiting for Mega Man 9.
NUH UH!!!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!! ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITE GAMES EVER ON VC!!!! I'VE BEEN WAITING SINCE DAY 1 FOR THIS!!!!!! *runs to check out shop channel*

Wrydryn

lol that game came out when my brother hacked my friends wii and put it on there! :D

Shervin

everyones expectations are just way to high

*coughgamercough*

and some people are just microsoft fan boys

*coughgamercough*

wii has a lot of good games, legend of zelda twilight princess, super mario galaxy, super smash bros brawl, guitar hero, and more. only problem i see with them is that they where way to easy for me. but hey, that not that bad lol.... i hope they make a good mario party game. and get the originals on VC. then ill be happy.

and no i am not a nintendo fan boy. because i have a 360 and i do play it. but i agree with whoever posted that its just a bunch of fps's. and they do get old, fast. lol

halo 3 and stuff is still kinda fun though. i've been playing that new geometry wars though, its fucking awesome XD

KefkaticFanatic

Shervin: the fact that you are calling me a Microsoft fanboy and saying that the 360 only has boring FPS games automatically makes you a Nintendo fanboy, sorry.

me irl
[close]

jake3343

Quote from: Gamer4250 on September 09, 2008, 05:24:08 PMShervin: the fact that you are calling me a Microsoft fanboy and saying that the 360 only has boring FPS games automatically makes you a Nintendo fanboy, sorry.

Quoted for truth