[DELETED] [NDS] Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth - "The Man who Masterminds the Game" by Stell

Started by Zeta, February 07, 2021, 03:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Ace Attorney
Game: Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: The Man who Masterminds the Game
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Stell

diceLibrarian

1. please fix title, I'm too lazy
2. some issues cannot be fixed by me, mainly stuff that cannot be done in musescore and the font.
Dead memes are my blood

mastersuperfan

FYI, the official title is just "The Man who Masterminds the Game," without the name in front. I changed the thread title accordingly. Are you able to change that on the sheet too?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

diceLibrarian

Dead memes are my blood

diceLibrarian

Dead memes are my blood

Latios212

Hey, welcome to the submissions process! Nice to see you working on something for the site. :)

One thing I want to clarify off the bat: the community is here to provide support but it is ultimately your responsibility to take feedback and implement it to improve your arrangement. Please do ask for help if you need it - but do not expect other people to simply spend their valuable time doing something for you that you are too lazy to even ask for. Laziness and an uncaring attitude will get you nowhere. Good sheets are crafted with hard work.

Anyway, about the arrangement itself, measure 39 and the last four measures are unplayable for a soloist. Think about ways you can make those workable.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

diceLibrarian

Dead memes are my blood

diceLibrarian

Dead memes are my blood

mastersuperfan

In the future, please post a Youtube link for reference:

Here's some feedback:
- You're missing a lot of ornamental notes in the RH melody (e.g. m10, m18, etc.) Could you please listen for these and write these in?
- Check your notes in the following places: m21-22, m25-26, m33. I'm hearing wrong notes here.
- The biggest thing right now is that the arrangement is really bare and empty-sounding with only these two voices. I would add the syncopated piano dyads in the background that play every measure. I know they might be hard to transcribe, but I think adding them in is really important to making the arrangement work well for piano.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions about incorporating these suggestions!
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

diceLibrarian

thank you MSF, I'll do this once I get home from School. sorry for not checking it (ping me on discord if you want me to check the forums). I will need assistance on figuring out some of the rhythms. I can keep time and play back rhythms but it's difficult for me to transcribe. also, I thought that NSM sheets were MEANT to be barebones, my bad
Dead memes are my blood

Latios212

Quote from: Stell on March 22, 2021, 07:20:51 AMI thought that NSM sheets were MEANT to be barebones, my bad
Not really. There's no specific guidance on how full or empty to make an arrangement. It depends on how the original piece sounds and how well the different voices translate over to piano. Generally, try to preserve as much as can reasonably be preserved while writing something that's not too difficult or awkward to play.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

diceLibrarian

A little help here, I have a hard time determining notes on my own. I'll work on putting in some stabs in 23, 24, 25 and 26

I will need some assistance with the ornamental notes. my notes are correct. unless it suddenly shifts key signatures then I don't know what to say.

The Dyads pose a problem though
Dead memes are my blood

diceLibrarian

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11SC6xtDNASrxd5TFFUGAxHNtp1gh6fdh?usp=sharing

here you go. I'm kinda stuck on what to do from here

edit: I need direction, If someone can show me what I need to do in an example sheet, I'll do my best to get it done
Dead memes are my blood

mastersuperfan

Hey, sorry for the wait on this one. Looking at the files you linked, it doesn't look like you changed very much from what you had before. My comments still stand:
Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 12, 2021, 11:14:41 PMHere's some feedback:
- You're missing a lot of ornamental notes in the RH melody (e.g. m10, m18, etc.) Could you please listen for these and write these in?
- Check your notes in the following places: m21-22, m25-26, m33. I'm hearing wrong notes here.
- The biggest thing right now is that the arrangement is really bare and empty-sounding with only these two voices. I would add the syncopated piano dyads in the background that play every measure. I know they might be hard to transcribe, but I think adding them in is really important to making the arrangement work well for piano.

If you're having trouble, I'd suggest checking out AudioStretch, which will let you slow down the audio and raise it up/down an octave to hear the notes better. See here for a guide: https://www.ninsheetmusic.org/forum/index.php?topic=11175.0. This should be able to help you identify the ornamental notes and the dyads better.

Quote from: Stell on April 20, 2021, 01:31:20 PMmy notes are correct. unless it suddenly shifts key signatures then I don't know what to say.
There are accidentals involved, and the notes in the original are different from the ones you have. AudioStretch is helpful here for slowing it down and identifying the individual notes that are wrong.

Quote from: Stell on April 20, 2021, 01:37:42 PMedit: I need direction, If someone can show me what I need to do in an example sheet, I'll do my best to get it done
There are lots of sheets on-site that you can refer to as instances of good arrangements.

I don't mean to be harsh, but our job here isn't to transcribe other people's sheets for them. I've laid out quite clearly what needs improvement in this sheet and where. Getting this sheet up to our site's standards is going to require putting in the time and effort to learn to identify and arrange the notes properly. If you've been trying your hardest to do that and you're completely, genuinely stuck, I would recommend starting with an easier arrangement first.

diceLibrarian

Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 17, 2021, 01:09:34 PMI don't mean to be harsh, but our job here isn't to transcribe other people's sheets for them. I've laid out quite clearly what needs improvement in this sheet and where. Getting this sheet up to our site's standards is going to require putting in the time and effort to learn to identify and arrange the notes properly. If you've been trying your hardest to do that and you're completely, genuinely stuck, I would recommend starting with an easier arrangement first.

What I mean is that, if you give me an example in a small snippet and I'll do my best to replicate it. I'm still a novice and all the easy sheets have been done already.
Dead memes are my blood