Series: Other
Game: Ichigeki Sacchuu!! HoiHoi-san
Console: PlayStation 2
Title: Main Menu
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

A rather naive question from skimming the sheet and original track - can this not be condensed by using some repeated sections or jumps? Are there differences between the duplicated sections or does the track's structure not lend itself to a nice repeat system?

also this is a good piece of music
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

The only section that repeats verbatim is m9-24, which appears again in m57-72. Every other part has subtle variations and differences.
I could make some giant 1st and 2nd ending system but I thought that would be more confusing since it would span 3 pages.

Latios212

Alrighty then, sounds good.

I really don't have much to say, this looks fantastic (and the track's great too!)
- I think the hairpin crescendos should extend a bit further to the right at least until they're directly underneath beat 4.5
- The notes at the end are super crushed up against the final barline, maybe some manual spacing adjustments might help?
- For the chord in beat 1 of m. 15 (and similar places) I think using a G instead of A might sound a little nicer on piano. I don't think the minor seventh is actually there in the original, but it might sound a little more lush this way like the other triads are. Up to you :P

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Quote from: Latios212 on April 07, 2021, 05:35:06 PM- For the chord in beat 1 of m. 15 (and similar places) I think using a G instead of A might sound a little nicer on piano. I don't think the minor seventh is actually there in the original, but it might sound a little more lush this way like the other triads are. Up to you :P
I tried to pick the notes based on the voice movements there. The upper background voice goes A-A-C, while the lower one goes E-E-G (the G is on beat 2.75 so I didn't include it). But since it's the 7th I agree that it'd be worth including. I just added it under the A.

I fixed everything else, reformatted the entire sheet, and also fixed the bassline in the last measure (it should have the pickup like in m8).

Latios212

Nice, I think 4/system works much better (and preserves the hypermeter so you can compare sections!).

Everything looks good, although I think the D.S. at the end is a tad too much to the left. Anyway, approved!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Okay but why is this actually good

- The slurs on all the LH notes seem excessive and clutter the sheet visuallly... Could you just write "simile" after a couple bars?
- Some of the ties in RH chords get too squished horizontally (m25/27-29/32 and similar in m73-80; m61-62; m60/64/68) and look like they could stand to be stretched out a bit more.
- The D.S. at the end should be moved more to the right.
- m18/20/22 bother me a bit because the LH jumping up to the G makes it sound like the low register just cuts out completely in those measures, but moving the whole LH down an octave doesn't sound good, so I guess it's fine as is.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Static

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by mastersuperfan.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot