Series: Final Fantasy
Game: Final Fantasy III
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Battle 2
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Yug Guy

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yug_Guy

...I am very quickly running out of sheets which don't take significant effort to clean up for submission...

Libera

Another day, another Final Fantasy battle theme.

-D# in the left hand of bar 1/3 should be an Eb (D-> Eb).  Also it's riffing on a Adim sound there.)  The D# in the RH is right though (D#->E).
-A# in the left hand of bar 2/4 should be a Bb for similar reasons.  Same for bars 6/8, the D# should be an Eb.
-Slurs on the graces in the opening eight bars?  I think they'd be useful to visually show which of the two notes the grace is going towards.
-The grace at the start of bar 5/7 should be a Gn going up to an Ab, rather than a G# going up to an A.
-Bar 12 should be be spelled as an E b9 chord, not as it currently is i.e. Ab -> G#.  I think it makes much more sense this way since we're in A minor.
-Courtesy accidentals on the Ens in the left hand of bar 31?  You've given other ones elsewhere for similar sections.
-The third D# in the triplet in 24 should be an En, like in the previous bar.  Probably just an input mistake.
-Slurs on the triplets in 17-28?
-The triplet dyads in bar 12 are... extremely difficult to play, to the point where I'm not sure it's really worth including them at all.  Thoughts?  If you really wanted to keep them then you could always make the bottom noteheads small to indicate that they're optional.
-http to https.  Old sheet, I guess?
-Page number and mini-title aren't aligned to the margin on page 2.

Libera

Latios212

Helping Yug Guy make edits for now...

Edited all the above; one comment:
Quote from: Libera on March 11, 2021, 01:01:15 PM-Bar 12 should be be spelled as an E b9 chord, not as it currently is i.e. Ab -> G#.  I think it makes much more sense this way since we're in A minor.
I was going to commend that I think Ab would be better for the right hand to keep the ascending thirds. Otherwise you end up with some pretty weird-looking augmented seconds and diminished fourths. That said, it doesn't look as weird if we drop the lower layer which I agree with. The F-G#-C still looks a bit funny to me but still easily readable. Thoughts?

Additionally,
- Added slurs from the first melody notes in m. 1-8 to make the desired articulation a little more apparent
- Removed courtesy naturals in m. 5 and 7 LH
- Added a staccato that was presumably missing in m. 6 beat 3 (it's there in m. 2/4/8)
- Some slight poking and prodding of the layout including reducing the space between LH/RH staves
- Fixed the bass pattern in m. 21-22 (ascends C-C#-D instead of B-C-D)
- Moved the last staccato in m. 29 slightly to the right

New files are up! With that, I'm done with this one.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Looks great to me.  The copyright/url was misaligned ever so slightly so I went and fixed that. 

Quote from: Latios212 on May 11, 2021, 01:46:37 PMone comment:I was going to commend that I think Ab would be better for the right hand to keep the ascending thirds. Otherwise you end up with some pretty weird-looking augmented seconds and diminished fourths. That said, it doesn't look as weird if we drop the lower layer which I agree with. The F-G#-C still looks a bit funny to me but still easily readable. Thoughts?

Yes the intervals are a bit weird viewed like that but I think this way makes a lot more sense harmonically than with Abs due to the tonality of the piece.  Spelling it with an Ab makes the right hand more readable maybe but it also makes it spell out an Fmmaj7 chord which... doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.

Accepting!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot