Game: OMORI
Console: PC
Title: Lost Library
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: PlayfulPiano

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

PlayfulPiano

Yeah this track is much more straight forward of a piano arrangement, and I really wanted to submit it here after I was able to play it on piano naturally and accurately.

Main concern I have is the formatting position for the "Fine" at m4, i'm not 100% sure that is the right format for it. Otherwise, I think the "dim. on second pass" is fine, but lmk if it needs to be changed.

Latios212

This sheet looks great! Thank you for taking the time to clean the visuals up. The notes are all good too, and the distribution between hands is sensible and clear.

I just have one thing to comment on, and that's the beam angles. This is a pretty subtle finishing touch. Finale doesn't always handle the beam angling for cross-staffed parts super well and will sometimes angle the beam in the opposite way it should be angled. Take a look at this:

You cannot view this attachment.

The left is with some manual adjustment by me, and the right is Finale's default. Notice how Finale's placement here angles the beam upward by default, which is a bit misleading since it goes against the contour of the line (the last note is lower than the first both in pitch and on the page).

You can adjust the beam angle in Special Tools > Beam Angle Tool. Adjusting the left end of the beam will drag the whole beam up and down, while adjusting the right end of the beam will angle it up or down.

I suggest flattening the second beam in the measure to horizontal due to the C's in the bottom part being at the same level. Make sure that the left end of the beam sits at roughly the same level as the right end of the beam of the first group of notes. I suggest making the change in the second half of measure 1 and pasting that in m. 2-8 and 9-12 to ensure that the values are exactly the same for those same parts. (You might need to drag the F to the upper staff again after pasting.)

Aside from this, the beams for the second group in measures 8 and 16 are a bit low, so take the left endpoint and drag that up a bit to roughly where the previous beam ends.

Those are both really tiny changes. Let me know if you need help with any of that!

Quote from: PlayfulPiano on May 30, 2021, 05:37:55 PMMain concern I have is the formatting position for the "Fine" at m4, i'm not 100% sure that is the right format for it. Otherwise, I think the "dim. on second pass" is fine, but lmk if it needs to be changed.
We discussed this over Discord last time and concluded that since this is a simple loop we don't need to notate the fade out. But the place where you have the invisible "Fine" is fine (pun intended :P).
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

PlayfulPiano

Quote from: Latios212 on June 06, 2021, 03:18:19 PMThis sheet looks great! Thank you for taking the time to clean the visuals up. The notes are all good too, and the distribution between hands is sensible and clear.

I just have one thing to comment on, and that's the beam angles. This is a pretty subtle finishing touch. Finale doesn't always handle the beam angling for cross-staffed parts super well and will sometimes angle the beam in the opposite way it should be angled. Take a look at this:

You cannot view this attachment.

The left is with some manual adjustment by me, and the right is Finale's default. Notice how Finale's placement here angles the beam upward by default, which is a bit misleading since it goes against the contour of the line (the last note is lower than the first both in pitch and on the page).

You can adjust the beam angle in Special Tools > Beam Angle Tool. Adjusting the left end of the beam will drag the whole beam up and down, while adjusting the right end of the beam will angle it up or down.

I suggest flattening the second beam in the measure to horizontal due to the C's in the bottom part being at the same level. Make sure that the left end of the beam sits at roughly the same level as the right end of the beam of the first group of notes. I suggest making the change in the second half of measure 1 and pasting that in m. 2-8 and 9-12 to ensure that the values are exactly the same for those same parts. (You might need to drag the F to the upper staff again after pasting.)

Aside from this, the beams for the second group in measures 8 and 16 are a bit low, so take the left endpoint and drag that up a bit to roughly where the previous beam ends.

Those are both really tiny changes. Let me know if you need help with any of that!
We discussed this over Discord last time and concluded that since this is a simple loop we don't need to notate the fade out. But the place where you have the invisible "Fine" is fine (pun intended :P).
Done and updated!

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

The composer/arranger info is ever so slightly misaligned from the RH margin.  Other than that this looks great.

PlayfulPiano

oh yeah I thought I responded earlier, but yeah the alignment issue is fixed.

Libera

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot