News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[SW] Fire Emblem: Three Houses - "Revenge" by Libera

Started by Zeta, June 05, 2021, 04:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Fire Emblem
Game: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Revenge
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

Quote from: Libera on June 05, 2021, 03:58:40 PMOpening

Animation.

I am considering simplifying the flourishes in 52-55 to semiquavers.

Latios212

This is quite the piece... remind me again where this plays in game? I only seem to recall the beginning... :P

- Courtesy flat on the Ab at the beginning of m. 6?
- Same comment as on your other sub about the uneven spacing of the tremolo lines in m. 13
- F in m. 19 (in the last group of notes) should be flat. Same with the A in m. 28
- Not too sure about this one, but it sounds to me like the LH chords from m. 64-71 should be inverted upwards once? What you have written in m. 72-75 matches what I hear.
- Would highly recommend more space between LH/RH staves in the last couple of systems on page 5 to make more room for the stemmed-up LH chords. Or maybe something like cross-staving or clef changing would be a better idea?
- Any reason the entire triad (as opposed to the top melody note) isn't repeated in m. 77 beat 4 unlike the other places in m. 77 and 79?
- Do you really need a 2/4 bar in m. 80? I think it'd work fine with no time signature change. It wouldn't be out of place since m. 76 and 78 have the same figure leading to the chord strike on beat 3.
- Tie in LH of m. 84 should be flipped down
- How about an ending dynamic to show how much to cresc. to?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Quote from: Latios212 on June 24, 2021, 05:27:27 PMThis is quite the piece... remind me again where this plays in game? I only seem to recall the beginning... :P

The very first cinematic.

I should have fixed everything you mentioned, but some comments below.

Quote from: Latios212 on June 24, 2021, 05:27:27 PM- Not too sure about this one, but it sounds to me like the LH chords from m. 64-71 should be inverted upwards once? What you have written in m. 72-75 matches what I hear.
- Would highly recommend more space between LH/RH staves in the last couple of systems on page 5 to make more room for the stemmed-up LH chords. Or maybe something like cross-staving or clef changing would be a better idea?

I inverted these down I think to make it a bit more consistent but I've put them back now.  The large number of ledger lines isn't ideal but I think cross-staving is going to look quite messy with some of the overlaps.  I also didn't want to use clef changes because of the starts of bars 66 etc, which I could potentially get around with cross-staving but again I think that's going to be a little messy.  I think the chords aren't too hard to read by getting them from the lowest notes in the chords, the highest of which is an F#.

Quote from: Latios212 on June 24, 2021, 05:27:27 PM- Any reason the entire triad (as opposed to the top melody note) isn't repeated in m. 77 beat 4 unlike the other places in m. 77 and 79?

Just a mistake I made while editing.  Thanks for spotting.

Quote from: Latios212 on June 24, 2021, 05:27:27 PM- Courtesy flat on the Ab at the beginning of m. 6?

I agree.  I also added a few other courtesy accidentals in the 64+ section.

Latios212

Quote from: Libera on June 26, 2021, 02:36:38 PMI think the chords aren't too hard to read by getting them from the lowest notes in the chords, the highest of which is an F#.
Yep, looks fine to me with the adjusted spacing. Cool cool.

Looks good, approved!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

There's a lot going on here... each section seems to remind me of various other pieces, VGM and otherwise.

• m16 RH: It sounds like there's an F under the Gb on beat 1, and it sounds like there's a Gb on top of the Eb on beat 5 (or 3 I guess... the 2nd chord in the measure).
  • m17 RH: I'm hearing an F above the Eb
  • Wouldn't it make more sense for that third 8th note in m21/25 LH to be beamed to the other two? It's all part of the same bass voice. You did this in m30 already.
  • I hear a G under the Ab in m49, like in m50.
  • The Bb and Eb sound like they come in a little earlier than m51. In m50, it sounds to me more like Eb-G-Ab-Bb (bottom to top).
  • Maybe put a courtesy flat for the Bb in 51
  • m52-55: Should the 2nd layer rests be small too? I don't really mind either way but I figured I'd ask.
  • m89 LH: I hear D and F# above the low G instead of the upper G.

Libera

New files up and most of the edits should have been made.  Thanks for checking!

Quote from: Static on June 28, 2021, 01:36:00 PMm16 RH: It sounds like there's an F under the Gb on beat 1, and it sounds like there's a Gb on top of the Eb on beat 5 (or 3 I guess... the 2nd chord in the measure).
m17 RH: I'm hearing an F above the Eb

I'm not sure I can hear the F in bar 16, but I added one in 17.  There's harmony above the top Eb throughout the whole thing, but I think the note that sticks out the most is the Eb so I wanted to keep that on top the whole time.

Quote from: Static on June 28, 2021, 01:36:00 PMm52-55: Should the 2nd layer rests be small too? I don't really mind either way but I figured I'd ask.

I don't think so?  It's not like the whole part is a cue, and I think the spacing and the rhythm is clearer with the rest more visible.

Static

Both of those things make sense to me, and the files look good. Accepted

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot