Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Guts Man Stage
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

My journey to finish MM1's catalogue of sheets continues. This one is about 14 years overdue, but as they say, there's no time like the present!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

I was gonna say a joke about how it takes guts to arrange this, but I think BlueKirby already did that in the server... So instead I'll give you some feedback:

• Your performance note is just a little bit outside the page margins.
  • You can have the simile start on m6 if you want. I think it's pretty clear either way.
  • It might be nice to include the C's in m1 like this:
    Spoiler

Not really much harder to play than what you had before, and it helps convey that D7 sound instead of just a Dmaj chord.
    [close]
  • I hear the bass in m15/17 play on the downbeat of beat 3. Perhaps something like this would be more accurate:
    Spoiler

Might seem more difficult, but I think with a 4-1-4 fingering on the Bbs on beat 2, sliding down to the A's is pretty easy after messing around on my keyboard a bit. Same fingering works for the Ab-G movement between m15-16 as well.
    [close]

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on June 29, 2021, 01:40:04 PM
  • Your performance note is just a little bit outside the page margins.
  • You can have the simile start on m6 if you want. I think it's pretty clear either way.
  • It might be nice to include the C's in m1 like this:
    Spoiler

Not really much harder to play than what you had before, and it helps convey that D7 sound instead of just a Dmaj chord.
    [close]
  • I hear the bass in m15/17 play on the downbeat of beat 3. Perhaps something like this would be more accurate:
    Spoiler

Might seem more difficult, but I think with a 4-1-4 fingering on the Bbs on beat 2, sliding down to the A's is pretty easy after messing around on my keyboard a bit. Same fingering works for the Ab-G movement between m15-16 as well.
    [close]

- found the button that shows the margins, and moved the note accordingly
- works for me!
- thank you, it was feeling empty without them but I wasn't sure I could add them
- something felt off. I knew I shouldn't have rushed this!

Files are updated.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

mastersuperfan

- Tempo marking's pretty high up... maybe lower it?
- Any reason why m1 RH beat 3.75 doesn't have the C?
- The lower note on m16 RH beat 1 should be Db instead of D.
- Any reason why the minor seconds aren't included in m18?
- Do you want to extend the slurs at the end of m14/16 RH to beat 1 of the next measure like you do elsewhere?
- Maybe include an asterisk in the performer's note (e.g. "*Performer's Note:") to clarify that that's what the asterisk in m4 refers to? You might also consider moving the asterisk in m4 up a bit so that it more clearly corresponds to the minor seconds instead of just hanging out between the LH and RH.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

LeviR.star

Quote from: mastersuperfan on July 18, 2021, 09:43:03 PM- Tempo marking's pretty high up... maybe lower it?
- Any reason why m1 RH beat 3.75 doesn't have the C?
- The lower note on m16 RH beat 1 should be Db instead of D.
- Any reason why the minor seconds aren't included in m18?
- Do you want to extend the slurs at the end of m14/16 RH to beat 1 of the next measure like you do elsewhere?
- Maybe include an asterisk in the performer's note (e.g. "*Performer's Note:") to clarify that that's what the asterisk in m4 refers to? You might also consider moving the asterisk in m4 up a bit so that it more clearly corresponds to the minor seconds instead of just hanging out between the LH and RH.

-  sure thing
- no reason good enough to leave it out
- got that
- I'll fill in that spot with another Wily Wars figure
- as long as you approve
- good ideas, I'll do that

Files fixed!

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by mastersuperfan.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot