Who do you think is the best Video game composer?

Started by jake3343, August 19, 2008, 06:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think is the best Video game composer?

Koji Kondo
36 (58.1%)
Nobuo Uematsu
12 (19.4%)
Grant Kirkhope
5 (8.1%)
somebody else
9 (14.5%)

Total Members Voted: 61

jake3343

well I vote for Koji Kondo, but I want to see what other people think.

kotorfanboy

I'll have to go with Koji because although Nobuo is awesome too, Koji just has so many iconic songs. Mario thme, zelda overworld, and the list goes on. So I have to go with Kondo. (Kirkhope is cool too, but Kondo has done more games)

HungryDragon

Kondo is greatly known for hs iconic themes, but Nobou, for his great orchestrations. I'd have to go with Nobuo on this one, though Kondo is a close second. Can't say I've heard of the other two though  :-\
Credit to Strecno for the avatar! | MY SUBMISSION THREAD

kotorfanboy

Grant Kirkhope does the music for rare games, like B-K, DK64 and the like. The other guy I haven't heard of either, and I think Jake just saw him high up on somebody's top ten of best video game composers and included him.

Sir Awesomesauce

The fact that I only recognize one of them is a tribute to his greatness.

Kondo forevur!
You should read my post, it's probably above this.

FallenPianist

Can somebody tell me for which game Nobuo and Hideki  composed music??

The-Real-Link

Quote from: FallenPianist on August 20, 2008, 06:20:53 AMCan somebody tell me for which game Nobuo and Hideki  composed music??
I have to go with Uematsu on my vote. And I don't know about Hideki, but Uematsu has done some of the most amazing video game music of all time....some of his games are...

Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus (I think)
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Blue Dragon
Lost Odyssey
He also composed the Brawl Main Theme and a LOT more games.

KefkaticFanatic

Kondo is only decent.  Kirkhope and Uematsu kick his ass.  Yatsume or whoever it is that does Castlevania is also massive win.

me irl
[close]

Echo

Hideki's the guy that did the Sonic Rush music. Also, ever heard of Jet Set Radio/Jet Grind Radio? He did that too.

KefkaticFanatic

...then why would he even be on the list.  Neither game had any noticeably good music.

me irl
[close]

jake3343

Okay, I deleted that other guy, because I don't even know who he is and barely does anybody else

Palagerini

i would probaly say koji kondo.. with hip tanaka following closely behind.. also that i don't know many others =P
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

Baconman

I am a cannibal

Playgame38

<<Last number is 8