News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

[MUL] Hades - "Death and I" by Fantastic Ike

Started by Zeta, October 03, 2021, 08:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Hades
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Death and I
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Fantastic Ike

[attachment deleted by admin]

Fantastic Ike

Sorry folks, deleted this when I shouldn't have. Up to you whether or not to put this in the Halloween project. Hopefully there won't be any problems in the future.

Bloop

Hi there, welcome to the submission side of NinSheetMusic! This sheet is fine note-wise, though there are some notation things that I can comment on:

-First off, we never use the tenor clef in piano sheet music. This clef is pretty much only reserved for tenor voice (and sometimes guitar music). On the piano, it's better to alternate between bass clefs and treble clefs, or use ottava or ottava bassa (8va and 8vb) markings. In this case, I think I'd prefer having m1-2, 5-6 and 9-11 in the bass clef (m stands for measure), and m3-4 and 7-8 in the treble clef. I prefer not using 8vb's in the R.H. unless absolutely necessary, as it's less natural to read for most players.
-Secondly, when in 4/4, never put two dotted quarter notes next to each other like in m1, 5 and 9: the second dotted quarter note should be an 8th tied to a quarter note. Check this help guide for the reason why. You have m2 done correctly though!
-Then, about dynamics: I think I'd prefer putting forte at the start instead of mf. Mf and mp are both medium-ish dynamics (I like to call them lukewarm and lukecold), but this piece consists only out of strong, dark accents. A forte conveys that savageness better than a mf in my opinion. Also, it's better to just delete the decrescendo and piano marking in m10-11. You can't decrescendo a note any more once it's already pressed, so it's clearer to just have the note tie to a fermate note. If you want, you could even add the marking "Hold until sound dies out" if you want a really, REALLY long fermate.
-Last (very minor) thing: I don't think you'll need LLC at the copyright info, as the company is often reffered to as Supergiant Games.

Other than that, nice work! It's not too complex of a sheet, you just need to know some of these basics and you're fine ^^

Fantastic Ike

Thanks for the input! I should have everything fixed now. Let me know if there's anything else you need.

Bloop

Nice, it looks way better now! You may want to delete the whole of m10, as it doesn't really serve as much purpose when there's a fermate in the bar afterwards. Also, you could lower the forte marking a bit so it's centered between the two staves. These are the nitpicky details we updaters love to mention :p Aside from that, it's good!

Fantastic Ike

Bloop

Great! I'll approve of this one!
If you didn't know already, each submission will be checked by two different updaters. The second one will be the one to accept the sheet, after which it'll be in queue to be submitted to the site.

Fantastic Ike

Thanks! Looking forward to having my first sheet submitted!

Static

So this looks really good. I have no complains about the transcription itself, but I do have some arranging ideas that I think would make it more accurate.

- The entire melody is harmonized in 5ths, and currently you're missing that crucial inner voice. You have the droning 5ths in the LH, which also exist in the original piece, but I would actually suggest replacing them.
- The melody is doubled an octave (and two octaves) lower, which I'm assuming you didn't do because of the aforementioned drone. However, if you remove it like I suggest, you'd end up with something like this:
Spoiler
[close]
- Up to you how you want to arrange it specifically, but I think it would be good to add that missing 5th harmony. This is just how I would personally write it out.
- The other thing I'd change is the measure distribution. Currently, the last system is only 2 bars while the other two are 4. As a result, the last system looks really spaced out compared to the others. It would look a lot more evenly spaced if you did 3-4-3, like in the screenshot above.

Latios212

Just peeking in, one thing I want to comment on is that you don't really need accents on every single note. You could get the point across with one well-placed dynamic or performance direction at the beginning, and avoid all the clutter :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Fantastic Ike

Took everyone's suggestions. Now that RH is in fifths instead of octaves, I also took the liberty of making it all in treble clef. I dunno if there are any standards for expression text so let me know if I need to change the verbiage.

Static

The new performance direction and clefs look great! The last comment I have is the system spacing. If you look closely, you'll notice that the first two systems are close together than the 2nd and 3rd - they should be even. You can adjust this with the Page Layout Tool, right clicking on the little square handles on the top right of each system, and selecting Edit Margins.

Also you still have an accent in m1 LH.

Fantastic Ike

And there we go, that should fix it I think.

Static

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot