Series: Castlevania
Game: Haunted Castle
Console: Arcade
Title: Dracula's Room
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

In the spirit of the month, I've decided to submit another Haunted Castle sheet, so that it makes it on-site not long after "Devil's Resurrection".
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Bloop

i luv me some 5/4 yes
Nice work though! There's just a few little points I can say about this:

-You could consider changing the key signature to a keyless signature, as most of the song doesn't really fit in G minor anyway. It removes most of the naturals while adding just a handful of flats to B's.
-m1: Maybe you could widen the space between the top and bottom staff a bit, so the f can go in between the notes instead of moved to the left.
-m2 and 4: Maybe you can untie the second layer in the R.H. and remove the half note on beat 4, as I don't think it's possible to hold this lower third and upper third at the same time (even with large hands). I'm supposing you don't want a pedal to take care of that either.
-m9 and 11: I hear the bass note on beat 3 a major second higher in these bars (so C# and D# instead of B and C#)
-About m9-12, there's some weird octave placement going on with the R.H. voice, but I think what you have is good enough while keeping the original notes. You could maybe do F# and C# below on beat 1 and 1.5 (instead of 8th rest and F#), as I hear the voice start on beat 1 and go down an octave, but if you wanna keep it as is, that's fine too!

LeviR.star

Quote from: Bloop on October 18, 2021, 05:34:46 AM-You could consider changing the key signature to a keyless signature, as most of the song doesn't really fit in G minor anyway. It removes most of the naturals while adding just a handful of flats to B's.
-m1: Maybe you could widen the space between the top and bottom staff a bit, so the f can go in between the notes instead of moved to the left.
-m2 and 4: Maybe you can untie the second layer in the R.H. and remove the half note on beat 4, as I don't think it's possible to hold this lower third and upper third at the same time (even with large hands). I'm supposing you don't want a pedal to take care of that either.
-m9 and 11: I hear the bass note on beat 3 a major second higher in these bars (so C# and D# instead of B and C#)
-About m9-12, there's some weird octave placement going on with the R.H. voice, but I think what you have is good enough while keeping the original notes. You could maybe do F# and C# below on beat 1 and 1.5 (instead of 8th rest and F#), as I hear the voice start on beat 1 and go down an octave, but if you wanna keep it as is, that's fine too!

- I agree, it doesn't really settle into G minor so there's no point in having it there
- mmm, I think it's fine where it is, personally. I don't usually use the Staff Tool to make extra space for expressions
- nope, you're right, the pedal will not do. I'll cut out the half notes
- got it, fixed those
- while it will make playing the sheet more difficult, it's what's in there. Lemme add those notes in real quick

Files fixed! Thanks, Bloop.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Bloop

Nice work! Then I'll approve of this! You cannot view this attachment.

Libera

This looks pretty good.  Just a couple of things from me.

-You could hide the second layer rests in bars 2 and 4 if you want to and stem the first layer normally on beat 4-5.  My reasoning is that this is a practical rest rather than something that's actually happening in the piece so you can tidy it up if you want to.
-The RH part in 9-12 is kind of weird.  It's kind of hard for me to make out the first beat of each bar (i.e. the first two notes) but it kind of sounds to me like the first two notes should be the other way around i.e. C# -> F# down a fifth.  I'm not super sure though because it seems very quiet.  It also seems like the part you wrote in is too high compared to the original, particularly these really high notes in bar 12, but again it's kind of hard for me to make it out perfectly.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Libera on November 19, 2021, 11:53:10 AM-You could hide the second layer rests in bars 2 and 4 if you want to and stem the first layer normally on beat 4-5.  My reasoning is that this is a practical rest rather than something that's actually happening in the piece so you can tidy it up if you want to.
-The RH part in 9-12 is kind of weird.  It's kind of hard for me to make out the first beat of each bar (i.e. the first two notes) but it kind of sounds to me like the first two notes should be the other way around i.e. C# -> F# down a fifth.  I'm not super sure though because it seems very quiet.  It also seems like the part you wrote in is too high compared to the original, particularly these really high notes in bar 12, but again it's kind of hard for me to make it out perfectly.

- good point, I'll fix those
- (Libera and I talked over this on Discord, this is what the notes were changed to:)

le screenshot
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

Libera

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot