News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[NDS] New Super Mario Bros. - "Bonus Area" by amc

Started by Zeta, October 12, 2021, 08:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: New Super Mario Bros.
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Bonus Area
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: amc

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Bloop

Spoiler
[close]

-This sheet could use a lot of staccato marks, I believe exclusively on all eighth notes. You could also put a text box somewhere saying something like "play all 8ths staccato", if you don't feel like staccato-ing everything :p
-From m3 on, I think you can move up the L.H. an octave so it's in the same octave as the original (you should switch it to the G clef too then). The lower octave makes it feel fuller than it is. You could probably remove the top C's on beats 1.5 (and maybe 2.5 too for comfort's sake) in m3 and m7 so they won't interfere with the R.H., but aside from that it's all playable.
-I think you forgot to put an 8va marking from beat 3.75 of m9, but maybe it's better to just put everything from m3 under an 8va as you're in a lot of ledger line territory anyway.
-After playing m3-10 twice, the track seems to repeat back at m1. Is this like this in-game too? If so, you could add something like "D.C. after repeat" at the end.
-m9: The Ab at the end in the L.H. should be an An. That's the only wrong note there is, I think :p

amc

Updated.

Quote-After playing m3-10 twice, the track seems to repeat back at m1. Is this like this in-game too? If so, you could add something like "D.C. after repeat" at the end.
Turns out it does do that. I actually launched the game and went to World 1-4 to check lmao.
Dropped my phone in McDonald's sprite and that mf started charging

Bloop

Awesome, the brackets at the C's are a good solution too! Just two things about the D.C. al Fine: firstly, I don't think you'll need the 'al Fine' part, as this is mostly used when the ending (Fine) is somewhere else in the sheet, but that's not the case here. I think D.C. works just fine. Secondly, D.C.'s and D.S.'s usually go above the top staff instead of between the two staves. With just D.C., there should be enough room to put it next to the F octave in the R.H., though anything longer will have to go above the 8va.

amc

Bloop

Great, then I'll approve of this! You cannot view this attachment.

Bloop

Quick double post, but I forgot to mention that the url could use a "/" at the end, be sure to add that too! (You could do that together with the comments of another updater too)

amc

Latios212

Looks great! I just have a few small things to mention:
- From what I recall, Koji Kondo wasn't actually a primary composer for NSMB? I can't find an actual composer breakdown for the OST, but from Wikipedia: "New Super Mario Bros. features original music composed by Asuka Ohta and Hajime Wakai under the direction of the Super Mario Bros. series composer, Koji Kondo, who also created the "Aboveground BGM", the main theme for regular levels."
- It might be good to start the 8va in m. 9 (or 8) instead of 10 for continuity of the ascending right hand line. If you think that would look a little too weird though because the octave at the end makes the line awfully high above the staff, it's fine as is.
- Make sure the footer text is within the page margins (set the text box height to zero).
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

amc

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot