NinSheetMusic > Project Archive

Th3Gavst3r's Halloween Sheet

<< < (3/3)

Bloop:

--- Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on October 30, 2021, 11:01:32 PM ---Oops fixed em
--- End quote ---
They're still there in m12 though

--- Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on October 30, 2021, 11:01:32 PM ---I put the accidental there and in m3 because Ab isn't part of Gm7 so I thought it might be easy to miss, but maybe it's just a m7b9 chord instead. I changed the chord symbols to include the b9, but I'm still new to these chord things so let me know if that's right
--- End quote ---
I think I see what you're thinking, but I think the Ab is just a passing tone, not a part of the chord. m7b9 chords don't appear that often anyway I believe, because they don't really sound that good. The Gm7 isn't a strange chord to have in Eb major, so I don't think people would quickly forget the Ab's they played before.

--- Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on October 30, 2021, 11:01:32 PM ---I mentioned this is Static's feedback too, but I think it's kind of difficult to cleanly move 4 into 3-5 there at high tempo. It's a lot easier for me to just roll the whole hand from 2. I think either the top or bottom grace note is able to get the point across fine and they sound much different at tempo, but I'm not a very good pianist lol so if it's not actually a very hard fingering I can still change it
--- End quote ---
Ahh sorry didn't see that. I don't feel a 2-4 to 3-5 grace note to be that problematic, and with just a G you can switch to 3 to 2-4 too so it's a bit easier. I think all combinations work well though, so if you wanna keep it as an En, that's fine too!

--- Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on October 30, 2021, 11:01:32 PM ---I left these grace notes out because the player doesn't have much time to reegngage the pedal before they have to lift off the chord and move to the arpeggio, and I didn't want them to catch the clash from the grace note. Also freeing up the pinky lets you use it for the Eb to start the arpeggio which is a slightly nice. This also made me realize m37 wasn't the easiest thing in the world to pull off, so I moved the bottom Bb octave up to Eb instead
--- End quote ---
That sounds logical, then it's fine!

--- Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on October 30, 2021, 11:01:32 PM ---I'm not sure about this one. I think it might be up to the player, but it's easier for me to parse the single natural accidental as a minor second rather than reprogramming my brain for the only sharp in the piece :P At least for readability, I think leaving it as Db is more useful than indicating where the modulation is going
--- End quote ---
oh wow it would be the only sharp yeah
Anyway it's pretty quick to see that it is a Db, because of the natural that comes after it, but this is also the only grace note that comes from the same note name (a D to a D) instead of a note below, that was the thing that stood out to me. Either way is fine though!

--- Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on October 30, 2021, 11:01:32 PM ---I changed up the pattern a lot to have fewer doubled notes and a lot of alternating octaves instead. I added the fifths because unlike the first section the RH doesn't play offset accompanying chords, so the continuous bass octaves sounded kind of lame to me. There's a low guitar in there playing power chords that you can pull from, so I included some fifths for a little additional motion

--- End quote ---
Ahh so that's where the fifths came from then haha, but yeah I like this more! Great work!

--- Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on October 31, 2021, 08:04:26 AM ---So we talked about this for a bit and it seems like Bb7sus2 is a better representation of the movement from V to I, but chords are very hard so if anyone else can present a case one way or the other I'd love to learn lol

--- End quote ---
Yeah I think Bb7sus2 works best, because the C does act as a suspension to the D. If there was an Eb in the chord, Bb9sus would have been fine.

Th3Gavst3r:

--- Quote from: Bloop on October 31, 2021, 10:39:30 AM ---They're still there in m12 though

--- End quote ---
Whoops guess I forgot about the second time

--- Quote from: Bloop on October 31, 2021, 10:39:30 AM ---I think I see what you're thinking, but I think the Ab is just a passing tone, not a part of the chord. m7b9 chords don't appear that often anyway I believe, because they don't really sound that good. The Gm7 isn't a strange chord to have in Eb major, so I don't think people would quickly forget the Ab's they played before.

--- End quote ---
Alright sounds fine to me, changed it back to Gm7 with no courtesies

Bloop:
Awesome! Then I'll accept this!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version