GreekGeek's submission NEW SONG! [08/10]

Started by GreekGeek, August 22, 2008, 06:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreekGeek

I do own all Pokémon games, which means: Blue, Red, Green, Gold, Silver, Ruby, Sapphire, Pearl, Pokémon N64, Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2. Well, almost every. But this music is more my style because with Ruby and Sapphire for example, it's s much quicker (which means harder). If you listen to the Rival Battle, it's just so hard to do that! Kudos to the one who arranged it.

I can do certain Pokémon Colosseum songs in a quarter of an hour, Es Cade S Theme, but I don't want to invest months in one song.

I'll look at your request topic ;)

ALPRAS

You have to invest more time if you want to make really awsome arrangements :P youre arrangements are really cool but if you really want to make something REALLY BIG, you have to invest more than a month...
Ive invested 2 months on "end title" songs from Super Mario Galaxy, and the result was great (not perfect, but great)

GreekGeek

Well indeed I have invested a couple of months in Trainer School and Cipher Lab to get it perfect (since the piano is so damn hard to arrange) but only having Notepad 2008 really confines you, I can't add a lot of stuff I would like to add. And still, what is a really awesome arrangements? Pokémon doesn't have a lot of awesome arrangements, does it? What is in your opinion a song that I could awesomly arrange?  ???

Cobraroll

Well, there is a few I've requested, I suppose you've seen the topic (as you have posted there already). And if you want an (in my eyes) truly awesome arrangement from Pokémon, requested here twice before the expire, but abandoned, behold:

Dialga/Palkia Battle - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/wii/index-sz.html (number 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=642AIUwadk8 (if you want the original)

It's mostly piano, and I think the rest wouldn't sound bad if played on piano either. If you like it, give it a try.

Last, for your information, the (awesome) Trainer School music link has expired. Just thought I'd point that out.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

GreekGeek

Okay, thanks man, I'll replace it. I :) have by the way finished your first request ;) New Bark Town from G/S/E, it's a cute song =). I'll post the link at my submission message and at your request page ;). Hope you like it.

ALPRAS

Quote from: GreekGeek on January 29, 2009, 10:22:05 PMWell indeed I have invested a couple of months in Trainer School and Cipher Lab to get it perfect (since the piano is so damn hard to arrange) but only having Notepad 2008 really confines you, I can't add a lot of stuff I would like to add. And still, what is a really awesome arrangements? Pokémon doesn't have a lot of awesome arrangements, does it? What is in your opinion a song that I could awesomly arrange?  ???

an awesome arrangement doesnt depend of the song, but how your arrangement looks like the original song, without making an impossible arrangement.
You can make the easiest pokemon arrangement in the world (or the "less cool" arrangemnt), but if it looks perfectly arranged,then, youll get an awesome arrangement :)
its a shame that you only have notepad 2008.
well, you can always get the pirate version.... (i didnt said this :P)

GreekGeek

In that case, I do not arrange awesome songs, because I want to grab the essence of the song and fill it with my own interpretation and way of playing. I always try to stay as close to the song as possible. Can you please re-arrange a song like Cipher's Lab in your way, so I can find out what you mean with an awesome arrangement? I won't tell Finale that you said that I could use the pirate version too, but maybe I should..

Cobraroll

Standing applause and hats off for Pokémart! That one was seriously good, yet made in a so short time after the request. Very well done mister!

Too bad I'm not able to play it yet...

Now well. Hopefully, that time will come soon. *leaves PC to practise*

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

ALPRAS

Quote from: GreekGeek on January 30, 2009, 08:08:03 AMIn that case, I do not arrange awesome songs, because I want to grab the essence of the song and fill it with my own interpretation and way of playing. I always try to stay as close to the song as possible. Can you please re-arrange a song like Cipher's Lab in your way, so I can find out what you mean with an awesome arrangement? I won't tell Finale that you said that I could use the pirate version too, but maybe I should..

Ill ,ake that arrangement then :)

GreekGeek

Okay, that would be great, thanks man ;)
@Cobraroll: I'm quite happy with Pokémart too =). It ain't that hard, but sometimes you have to play octaves or even bigger very quick, the left hand is very easy =)

Cobraroll

Lovin' the new updates. Was really looking for that Pokémon Healing music, though even though you arranged it from Pearl, I think it belongs under "Red/Blue", where it after all originated. It was just remade in all the later games, it's the same five tunes, but maybe with different orchestration.

And if possible, I think you could extend some measures in Champion Battle. The fifth page has only one line, and it's pretty crammed at the bottom of the first page, so you could extend it slightly (so you can see the "b"s and "#"s better) without making the arrangement longer.

Your arrangements are good, but I think you should announce every new upload so people easier can see when there's something new, again raising feedback.

GreekGeek

About the Champion Battle, you're absolutely right. I'll change it asap. But how do you want me to announce a new upload? Like changing the topic subject into (Update! 06-02-2009) or something?

Cobraroll

Either that, or if it's been a long time since last upload/post in the topic and/or you have multiple songs, you could make a reply in the topic. If it's been a while, the topic will be far down the page, and no one will notice it if it just changes title. In such a situation, a new post bumping the topic up to the top of the page would be a good idea. However, if the topic is blooming with posts, a mere title change would be sufficent. As a general rule, always have the title up to date with the last submission.
If you have uploaded multiple songs, and really want someone to have a look, you should also reply, besides changing the title. More people will notice, then.

GreekGeek

Due to some crappy personal problems I will not be arranging stuff for a while, I'm sorry. Just the way it is. I'll be back on track in a while and hope to see the upload thingy will get fixed any day soon. Cheerio

bobandbill

QuoteDue to some crappy personal problems I will not be arranging stuff for a while, I'm sorry. Just the way it is. I'll be back on track in a while and hope to see the upload thingy will get fixed any day soon. Cheerio
Ah, a shame. Hope things get better with you soon, and not just because these are... AWESOME either! I'm pretty much a fan of Colo/XD music and felt like learning some tunes on my keyboard - so you rock for making these. =D But hope things improve for you - we all have our ups and downs but the downs sure could be less frequent at times. -_-

I have a request though - any chance for Miror B's XD battle theme? Also I do have a soft spot for GSC music, even if a good number of those tunes are hard. -_-