Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man 2
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Password
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Heads up to anyone looking over this sheet: I think it's worth noting that the last two LH eighths in m. 2 and 4 are actually "toms" mimicked by the triangle channel. Now, normally I'd write in chord tones with X noteheads as a substitute (take this sheet for example), but here they're so brief and hardly noticeable that I don't think it's worth notating at all. Thoughts? Opinions? Questions about other things?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

XiaoMigros

Thoughts: "toms" look fine as you have them.
Opinions: "toms" look better like this than as cross-headed in this context.
Questions about other things: The triangle pattern seems more reminiscent of 6/8 than 12/8, any particular reason why you chose the latter?

LeviR.star

Quote from: XiaoMigros on June 16, 2022, 11:04:57 PMQuestions about other things: The triangle pattern seems more reminiscent of 6/8 than 12/8, any particular reason why you chose the latter?

Y'know, it never crossed my mind to use 6/8 over 12/8, but with that said, I don't really see a reason to change what I have. I could go either way, of course, but why exactly would 6/8 be preferable here?

Here's what it would look like in 6/8 time:
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

XiaoMigros

To me the bass figure makes more sense in 6/8 time so I'm leaning towards that, but I agree it doesn't really matter.

Latios212

I think the bass looks fine as is! I also prefer 12/8 here, I feel it more "in 4".

Another thought is that you could add a D# grace note before the third dyad in m. 2 to emulate the pitch bend. Measure 4 does some funny pitch bend too, but it doesn't seem as easily replicable. In any case, I think it's fine as is, just wanted to mention.

One more thing, about the key. I feel like this piece would be nicer written in C# minor rather than C# major. To me, the En in m. 2 feels like it should be part of the key while the E# in m. 4 feels like the "fake out". It may also be slightly easier to read. Accordingly I also think that the B#s in m. 1 and 3 would be better as Cn... thoughts?

You cannot view this attachment.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on June 20, 2022, 08:12:45 PMAnother thought is that you could add a D# grace note before the third dyad in m. 2 to emulate the pitch bend. Measure 4 does some funny pitch bend too, but it doesn't seem as easily replicable. In any case, I think it's fine as is, just wanted to mention.

Yeah, I'd be down for that. And I see no reason why the same can't be done for m. 4, so I'll add two grace notes to the sheet.

Quote from: Latios212 on June 20, 2022, 08:12:45 PMOne more thing, about the key. I feel like this piece would be nicer written in C# minor rather than C# major. To me, the En in m. 2 feels like it should be part of the key while the E# in m. 4 feels like the "fake out". It may also be slightly easier to read. Accordingly I also think that the B#s in m. 1 and 3 would be better as Cn... thoughts?

I agree, it looks much better in C-sharp minor, and that accidentally re-spelling is a good call as well. Fixed.

New files are up!

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Not much to add here... Looks great! I agree with 12/8 because of the drums (rock shuffle feel). Accepted!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot