fi_le's Arrangement(-s?) for the especially lonely Solo Piano

Started by fi_le, March 31, 2020, 08:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fi_le

Hi folks!

I recently got the idea of completing an old project: Transcribing a piece from Dragon Quest IX , the "Cave Waltz".

I don't know whether it's good enough to be added to the site; I personally find it just fine to play and I tried to stick to the suggested formating.

I'd like to have a fancy BBCode table for my one thing though, I hope it's OK if I use Latios' style

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
Cave Waltz[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original] 

I don't intend on doing more, but if I do, this is the place I'll return to. Advice is very much appreciated and of course I'd be happy if the sheet was added to the site. I'll try using the automatic application :)
月を代わって、お仕置きよ!

Mincheno

I think the song itself is pretty great.

Love the chopin-esque vibe going on.
As for the arrangement you did... I think it´s good, I enjoyed it.
The thing I would probably add is some element to make that "1" beat stronger and lower sounding. That would accentuate the waltz feeling the song has. When that hit comes whenever there are ascending arpeggios, you could maybe imply that a bit more with an octave sounding on that first beat.

I think that would sound great!
Games, Music and Philosophy? I´m up for it!

fi_le

Hey folks, here's a little update. But first things first, sorry @Mincheno for not answering!

Quote from: Mincheno on April 28, 2020, 02:07:59 AMLove the chopin-esque vibe going on.
As for the arrangement you did... I think it´s good, I enjoyed it.

Thank you - so happy to evoke the comparison!!! Your idea to add more punch to beat 1 is wise, I'm still very much a beginner.

However, there is one more person on the forums to thank. Namely, @mastersuperfan! What this post is about is trying the program sonic pi and doing some Ace Attorney arrangements. As always, our awesome community had the sheets I was looking for, made by mastersuperfan. Great stuff!

This is the result, by the way:

Cross-Examination ~ Moderato 2001

Objection 2002

Lastly, I've been eyeing doing some sheets since there's a little more free time lately. So see you around :^)
月を代わって、お仕置きよ!