News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[N64] Star Fox 64 - "Star Wolf" (Replacement) by Fantastic Ike

Started by Zeta, December 31, 2021, 06:37:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantastic Ike

Latios212

Looking good, glad to have this replacement :) here's my feedback before we finish up with this one:

Quote from: Bloop on January 19, 2022, 08:01:49 AMAlso, this is a very fast speed at which the player has to restrike the notes. m3-6 might be doable with using multiple fingers (i'm personally a bit bad at them), but the octaves  in m7-14 are definitely close to impossible. For these measures I'd recommend something like this:
You cannot view this attachment.
I would recommend doing this for m. 3-6 for simplicity and consistency, since you switch over to it in m. 7 anyway.

Quote from: Dekkadeci on December 31, 2021, 01:08:05 PMI hear the highest note at Beat 1 of Bar 23 as D in the original instead of your B.
I'm hearing the whole notes in m. 23-25 as Dn-En-F# (thirds above what you have now). I would suggest writing the whole note RH chord in m. 23 as Dn-F#-Bn-Dn, adding a En on top of m. 24 and inverting the chord in m. 25 upwards once.

- The forte in m. 3, I would recommend moving right, perhaps over beat 1.5, so that it doesn't suggest that the beat 1 chord is softer than the previous section which is in ff.
- Is there a reason the melody is raised an octave in m. 7-14?
- m. 10 - I feel like the bass dips down to F on the second chord, not the third.
- m. 42 beat 1 LH is flipped up instead of down
- m. 35 doesn't have a dynamic at the end of the previous crescendo. (Missing f perhaps?)
- Raise the quarter rest in m. 44 so it isn't so close to the D#
- There's an extra sharp on the D# in beat 2 of m. 44 which shouldn't be there since beat 1 is already sharp. You can try deleting and re-entering it
- The loop ends on ff and goes back to m. 7 which is f the first time. It would be good to either write in a reminder f in m. 7.
- You have extra space at the bottom of pages 2-3; I'd recommend moving the systems down a bit to compensate.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Fantastic Ike

QuoteI'm hearing the whole notes in m. 23-25 as Dn-En-F# (thirds above what you have now). I would suggest writing the whole note RH chord in m. 23 as Dn-F#-Bn-Dn, adding a En on top of m. 24 and inverting the chord in m. 25 upwards once.

Changed...except m25. Lemme know if I'm in the wrong here, but I feel it's more important to have that bottom D# than the top F# (since you can't reach all of them with one hand). The countermelody in the French horn ends on the low D and it's the loudest part of the song at the moment.

Quote- Is there a reason the melody is raised an octave in m. 7-14?

Good point on this. The timbre of the trumpets fooled me into thinking this was higher up than it was.

Everything else should be changed, no comment on those.

Latios212

Quote from: Fantastic Ike on January 30, 2022, 07:16:56 AMChanged...except m25. Lemme know if I'm in the wrong here, but I feel it's more important to have that bottom D# than the top F# (since you can't reach all of them with one hand). The countermelody in the French horn ends on the low D and it's the loudest part of the song at the moment.
Gotcha! Yeah that sounds good :)

Just a few minor follow-ups and we're good to go:

Quote from: Latios212 on January 29, 2022, 02:26:52 PM- m. 10 - I feel like the bass dips down to F on the second chord, not the third.
Sorry if this wasn't clear, I'm hearing F on beat 1.75 but Bb in beat 2.5.

Quote from: Latios212 on January 29, 2022, 02:26:52 PM- m. 42 beat 1 LH is flipped up instead of down
I think this was missed

Quote from: Latios212 on January 29, 2022, 02:26:52 PM- There's an extra sharp on the D# in beat 2 of m. 44 which shouldn't be there since beat 1 is already sharp. You can try deleting and re-entering it
This is back but on beat 2.5 instead :) should just be present on beat 1

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Fantastic Ike

Quote- m. 42 beat 1 LH is flipped up instead of down
QuoteI think this was missed

Oh, stupid me. I flipped RH instead of LH for some reason.

Okay, I think that should be...everything else?

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot