NinSheetMusic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Author Topic: [NDS] Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version - "Anville Town" by Olimar12345  (Read 209 times)

Zeta

• NSM Bot
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Anville Town
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Olimar12345
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 02:37:54 AM by Olimar12345 »

Olimar12345

• The Captain
  • Staff Emeritus
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile
    • VGMSheetMusicbyOlimar12345
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Latios212

• NSM Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Wheeeee™
    • View Profile
    • YouTube channel

This is great! I've played it a bunch of times and it's a joy to play - can see why you chose it as your favorite arrangement of last year :)

A couple of comments about how the left hand accompaniment feels:
- There are a couple of times when the left hand feels slightly heavy compared to what came before it. In m. 5 and 13, perhaps it could do without the C on beat 2 since that will be rearticulated on beat 2.5 anyway? The seventh chords on beats 3-4 of m. 20 also seem a bit heavy, but I'm not sure if there's a lighter alternative given the position of the bass and chord.
- Curious why the left hand in beat 1 of m. 10-11 is up an octave? I think it'd sound more natural with the low bass note as in m. 2-3.

Smaller details:
- m. 14 has some extra space at the beginning
- m. 16 beat 4 is missing a G grace note before it
- In measure 17 the top voice keeps ascending on beat 4 as well - do you want to write in an F on top of that chord?
- In m. 18 in the original, the bass doesn't descend to Fb/En until beat 4.5 (it plays F on beat 4)
- The natural on the RH F in m. 19 doesn't seem necessary coming after the system break
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

• The Captain
  • Staff Emeritus
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile

This is great! I've played it a bunch of times and it's a joy to play - can see why you chose it as your favorite arrangement of last year :)
Thank you. :>
- There are a couple of times when the left hand feels slightly heavy compared to what came before it. In m. 5 and 13, perhaps it could do without the C on beat 2 since that will be rearticulated on beat 2.5 anyway? The seventh chords on beats 3-4 of m. 20 also seem a bit heavy, but I'm not sure if there's a lighter alternative given the position of the bass
They sound heavy and a little muddy because the chord-defining 3rds are written below the third-space E (as I mentioned a while back in my presentation). Typically they don't sound as great in that register, but it was a sacrifice I made to make it easier to play, rather than jumping too often.
- Curious why the left hand in beat 1 of m. 10-11 is up an octave? I think it'd sound more natural with the low bass note as in m. 2-3.
I chose the fourth-line F in measure 10 to keep the voice leading smooth from the bar before it, and the G to give it some extra continuity. It also gives it a nice little variety from the first time through the A section.
- m. 14 has some extra space at the beginning
- m. 16 beat 4 is missing a G grace note before it
These were oversights and I can add those rq.
- In measure 17 the top voice keeps ascending on beat 4 as well - do you want to write in an F on top of that chord?
I omitted it for two reasons: the RH is playing/sustaining that F already, and I was keeping them all consistent triads until the bridge so that the seventh chord had more power behind it.
- In m. 18 in the original, the bass doesn't descend to Fb/En until beat 4.5 (it plays F on beat 4)
Yes, I intentionally simplified this as well. I simplified a lot, actually lol.
- The natural on the RH F in m. 19 doesn't seem necessary coming after the system break
Yeah, I suppose it isn't super pressing. I added it just because there were F#s and Fbs in the previous bar and wanted less errors for sightreading.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 02:31:55 AM by Olimar12345 »
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

• The Captain
  • Staff Emeritus
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile

The files have been updated.

Latios212

• NSM Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Wheeeee™
    • View Profile
    • YouTube channel

Alrighty, I played through the sheet again with your comments in mind and everything sounds good! I'll approve :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

• NSM Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Wheeeee™
    • View Profile
    • YouTube channel

Ah sorry, one more thing I forgot - the composer should be Go Ichinose.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Page created in 0.244 seconds with 24 queries.