Replacement Initiative

Started by Libera, January 10, 2022, 04:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NineLives

Quote from: LeviR.star on July 20, 2023, 06:13:16 AMNot saying Static shouldn't bother arranging the real "Evergreen" but in my opinion that can wait until the Illusion of Gaia sheet is replaced.
I actually have an arrangement of this one. I may submit it soon. That way we can kill two birds with one stone.

Static

Quote from: Latios212 on July 20, 2023, 04:51:32 PM1 - Replace it with a sheet for track A and correct the labelling, because the content of what's being replaced is important. Any user who saw the old sheet and found it of poor quality will have a fresh sheet for the same piece of music.
I think for the Replacement Project, this is what I did for a couple mislabeled sheets. I think that makes the most sense if there's just one misnamed sheet. However, in this case there are also two copies under two games, so it might be worth just replacing both. Would like to hear others' thoughts before I submit Evergreen, but I don't really care much either way. I'd be fine submitting it as a normal, non-replacement initiative sheet since I was probably gonna do that at some point anyway even without the initiative.

I'll let NineLives handle Threat of Dark Gaia/Clash of Light and Shadow though, since I haven't started it.

Zeila

I did "Lloyd's Theme" and will be submitting it shortly given that I still have 1 open spot (I guess replacement submissions aren't working atm? Or I otherwise can't figure it out). There were two recent soundtrack releases with an incomplete vinyl release in 2021 (VGMDB link) and a full soundtrack release in Feb 2023 for the remaster (Spotify | iTunes). The iTunes version has quite a few typos though, such as "Collet" instead of "Colette"

I will write a comment about the proper name for this theme in the submissions thread too, but "Lloyd's Theme" should be changed to "Lloyd". Also, my "Full force" arrangement on-site should have two capital F's. It kind of bothered me that the capitalization was different from the rest of the Tales of Symphonia sheets on site, so now there's not even any reason to leave it that way

Lloyd
MIDI | MUS | MUSX | PDF

Full Force
MUS | PDF

There's also a chance that I might do "Kratos" eventually as well. It's been in the Replacement Initiative for over a year and should be retired at this point

XiaoMigros

Does submitting replacements not work for you at the moment? Considering you only have 1 slot used at the moment, I don't see why there would be an issue.. I can submit it for you if you'd like.

Full Force has been/will be updated also, thanks for the files!

Zeila

Idk what I did last night, but things are good now. Sorry, and thanks for changing Full Force!

Francesca

Is it okay if I have a go at "Kratos" (unless Zeila is still planning to do it?)

Kratos
[ZIP]

XiaoMigros

In general, I don't see why not! However, we have the following rule for replacements: If you've made edits to an existing sheet you can only replace the on-site version with express permission from the original arranger.
Do you think you'd be able to/willing to make an arrangement on your own, instead? If you want to you could ask Zeila if they'd like to work on it with you :)

Francesca

That makes sense! I did actually arrange this from scratch, though, as you can see the original sheet is very much different from what I have... I credited Riulyn mostly out of respect for the original arranger, but none of their work has actually been used. Should I just credit myself, then?

XiaoMigros

Ah, I see! Yes, in that case you should credit just yourself. It's unfortunate that the work of the old arranger will be lost but that's just how it is...

Francesca

I understand, though please let me know if there's any way I can still credit the previous arranger, even as Special thanks or something similar! I've updated the files, so either way feel free to take a look at the arrangement whenever there's time

XiaoMigros

The new submission is up! As for crediting, even if it feels a little harsh that's just how things are. The old arrangement will continue to exist, after all, a replacement only changes the sheet available on the site (which should be the best one possible!)

XiaoMigros

4 sheets were replaced via the initiative this update, so 4 new ones have been added to fill their place! We encourage you to take a look...

Kricketune54

I'd like to claim Statue Park.

Fantastic Ike

Haven't done one of these in a while. I'll take a shot at Settle the Score with 006 (actually goes kinda hard ngl)

Fantastic Ike

Despite the, um...outdated look of the original sheet I think it held up pretty well. (Mainly because this isn't too difficult of a song) Anyway here's my replacement! Biggest issue was trying to fit some of the chords underneath, but shouldn't be too rough to go through I don't think :)

Goldeneye 007 [N64]

Settle the Score with 006 (Replacement)MUSMIDIPDFOriginal