Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Lady Maud
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Cashwarrior1

[attachment deleted by admin]

cashwarrior1

This one has a lot of rubato and pauses. I tried matching them roughly but the player has control over how they play it

Bloop

this sounds like a fun woman to meet

-m3: The chord on beat 3 is very connected to the first chord in m4, maybe you could add a tenuto marking or a slur?
-m5 and on: The L.H. is a bit of a stretch to play without pedal, but I think you weren't intending for the pedal to be used since that would defeat the purpose of all staccato chords. I think it'd be best to not care too much about what exact notes are being played in the original, and try to find some more pianistic way to write it out. For m5-12 you can get away with just deleting the middle note (the root-5th-3rd position is a bit more managable to play than root-5th-octave-3rd, since the index finger naturally goes more towards the 5th than the octave). From m13 though it will probably be a lot of octave displacements, moving to the R.H., or moving the bass up an octave.
-m13: The tie in the grace note in the L.H. is barely visible, it might be worth extending it a bit with the tie tool.
-m16-17: I hear an Abb instead of Ab in the R.H. in m16, though it might be better to just write this as well as m17 as an Em chord (En-Gn-Bn instead of Fb-Abb-Cb). Same in m21.
-m20: (depending on what you do with the L.H. chords here) maybe it's worth adding a courtesy accidental Gb to these chords, since this bar could easily be confused as being in Eb major (because of beat 1).
-m23: This bar is in a F#m or Gbm chord, so you'll have to write is as either F#-An-C# or Gb-Bbb-Db. In the case of Gb-Bbb-Db, it could be worth adding a courtesy accidental to the Bb in the R.H., as well as maybe changing the En to Fb too. Last thing about this measure, the two 8ths in beat 3 should be straight instead of swung.
-m25-27: what the hell's happening here lol, this soundtrack is crazy
I think in m25 the bass note should be Fb, the first L.H. chord in m26 is Gm (so Bb instead of Bn), and m27 first chord is Gsus4 (Gn-Cn-Dn, maybe add a Gn on top as well because I hear a Gn going down the the Fn on beat 2).

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Bloop on March 14, 2022, 08:43:31 AMthis sounds like a fun woman to meet
She's very fashionable

Quote from: Bloop on March 14, 2022, 08:43:31 AM-m5 and on: The L.H. is a bit of a stretch to play without pedal, but I think you weren't intending for the pedal to be used since that would defeat the purpose of all staccato chords. I think it'd be best to not care too much about what exact notes are being played in the original, and try to find some more pianistic way to write it out. For m5-12 you can get away with just deleting the middle note (the root-5th-3rd position is a bit more managable to play than root-5th-octave-3rd, since the index finger naturally goes more towards the 5th than the octave). From m13 though it will probably be a lot of octave displacements, moving to the R.H., or moving the bass up an octave.
It actually sounds better this way, feels more bouncy. I was kinda imagining it played with the middle pedal but it's probably easier to just not use a pedal.

Quote from: Bloop on March 14, 2022, 08:43:31 AM-m25-27: what the hell's happening here lol, this soundtrack is crazy
no idea, I did my best to listen to each line of the chord 😭

Updated.

Bloop

Nice work on the changes, glad you think it sounds nicer with the different L.H. chords! Still a few tiny things left tho:
-m17: The Cb's in the left hand should be Bn's
-m25: With the Fb instead of Eb in the L.H., I actually meant it throughout the bar (so on beats 2 and 3 as well). The chord itself sounds really spicy, but that may more be because of a closer voicing position. Also, you could then add a courtesy accidental at the top F, so it's a bit clearer that this isn't an Fb, but it's not required necessarily ^^

Also a few more spelling suggestions I'm not 100% sure on myself because they're so unusual, but I think it may look a bit more logical from a "what would the pianist think of this" standpoint:
-m23: Maybe write the grace note Cb as a Bn, and the Bb on beat 2.5 as A#: my reasoning being that Bn makes a bit more sense as the 4th from the root (F#), and the A# as the major third as a weird color.
-m26: Kinda like the Bb to A# in the last bar, maybe here on beat 1 you could write the Cb in the R.H. as Bn (and add a courtesy accidental to the Bb in the L.H.), as I see this more as a Bn-but it's-actually-not-G-major

cashwarrior1

Chord spellings yay! Also thanks for explaining why the chords are spelled the way they are, that is not my strong suit 😅

Updated.

Bloop

No problem! Anything to help you understand it better ^^ It's approved!
You cannot view this attachment.

Static

• m13 RH: The grace notes should be Eb-En-F.
  • m19 LH beats 2-3: I would spell these as F#-A, since it's chromatically approaching the chord tones Gn-Bb, but just doesn't.
  • m26 LH beat 2: Missing a G (Em7).
I think that's it... looks pretty good

cashwarrior1

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot