Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Credits
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Cashwarrior1

[attachment deleted by admin]

cashwarrior1

Bloop

Sorry for the wait on this one!

-I think you can align the tempo and swing mark so they're right above each other
-m2: I hear Gn's instead of Gb's in this bar
-m10: I hear a little F# grace note in the melody before beat 1. There are some other places where I hear these grace notes though, did you leave them out intentionally?
-m12: I hear the F on beat 1 an octave lower.
-m20: The Db in the bass should be C#, and the A# in the R.H. should be Bb. The chord here is something like an A7b9/C# (so A, C#, E, G and Bb, with a C# in the bass) but with a Cn in the melody. You could add courtesy accidentals to the Cn's in the R.H., if you want, since it's technically not part of the chord.
-m43: I hear a C# in the R.H. on beat 3 too.
-m51: I hear D#'s instead of Dn's in this bar.
-m70 and 72: The notes on beat 4 in the R.H. should have a staccato too.
-m76-77: This part is kinda weird with the whole tone scale, as it's hard to decide where the diminished third interval will come into place (usually, each note of the scale has it's own note name, but since the whole tone scale consists out of 6 notes instead of 7, you'll have to skip a note name somewhere). I think it might be best to change the F#'s and G# in m77 to Gb and Ab?
-m121, 125, 129, 133: You can flip the staccatos in the R.H. in beat 1-2.5, since there's no notes or rests underneath.
-m137: The Fb and Ab should be G# and E (this is just an E7/B chord)
-m138-141: The L.H. rhythms should be swung here too, not straight.
-m139: Beat 2.5-3.5 should be E, F and G.
-m145: Maybe you could write the Ab in the R.H. as G#, so it's clearer these are descending major thirds. Also, I hear the R.H. rhythms like this:
You cannot view this attachment.
-m156: I hear this in the R.H.:
-m159: I hear an Ab in the L.H. instead of an A, and I hear an F on beat 2.5 in the R.H. instead of a G.
-m165: I hear the L.H. rhythm swung too, not straight.
-m179: I hear a guitar line going Bn-Bb in beats 2 and 3.
-m191: I hear an Ab on beat 3 in the R.H.
-m205: The Ab in the L.H. beat 1 should be G# (also part of the E major chord). and the A# on beat 2 should be An.
-m209: I'm guessing you don't want the pedal to be held in this bar, but that'd mean that the chord on beat 1 R.H. can't be held for the whole bar and should probably be just a quarter note.
-m210: I think this part is in 3/4 instead of 6/8. I can kiinda hear the melody in 6/8, but everything else just screams 3/4 to me

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Bloop on May 05, 2022, 11:40:53 AMSorry for the wait on this one!
You are all good!  ;D

Quote from: Bloop on May 05, 2022, 11:40:53 AM-m10: I hear a little F# grace note in the melody before beat 1. There are some other places where I hear these grace notes though, did you leave them out intentionally?
Yeah those were left out intentionally, I kinda liked it better without them

Quote from: Bloop on May 05, 2022, 11:40:53 AM-m137: The Fb and Ab should be G# and E (this is just an E7/B chord)
The B is a Bb, though I don't think that'll change things, right?

Quote from: Bloop on May 05, 2022, 11:40:53 AM-m209: I'm guessing you don't want the pedal to be held in this bar, but that'd mean that the chord on beat 1 R.H. can't be held for the whole bar and should probably be just a quarter note.
Yeah I was unsure if it'd be better to pedal or not so I just kinda left it at first lol

Updated.

Bloop

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on May 05, 2022, 06:45:25 PMThe B is a Bb, though I don't think that'll change things, right?
Ah yeah, I misread it, but the same thing applied ^^

For the staccatos in m121, 125, 129 and 133, I didn't foresee the sharps of the second layer clashing with the staccato dots. You might want to manually move beat 3 and 4 a bit to the right to look something like this:
Also, in m131, you could write the Fb just as an E(n), and in m135 you could write the Fb's as En's and the Eb as D#. These are possible here and not as much in m123 and 127, because the Eb isn't part of the key signature, while the Bb is.

Everything else looks good though!

cashwarrior1

Bloop

Static

• I disagree with several of your articulations/note lengths. For example, beat 3 of m2-5 (RH and LH) sound staccato me, and beat 1 of m7-9 LH sounds legato. There are other spots like this throughout the sheet, so maybe it'd be worth looking it over on your own. I can give you some additional suggestions if you want though.
  • m6 LH beat 3: This sounds more like a C to me.
  • m11 LH beat 3: This should be a D (below the staff)
  • m17 RH beat 3: The according plays a Bb here, not A. But, I think it might be a good idea to add an A on beat 1 (the accordion plays a Bbmaj7 chord there).
  • m22, 52, 144, etc.: I think it would be better to hide the duplet "2" markings, and show the "straight 8ths" text, instead of the other way around. This would be consistent with other sections of the sheet as well.
  • m33 RH beat 1 sounds like it should be tied to beat 3. I don't hear the D in the melody rearticulated on beat 3.
  • m43 RH beat 1.5: Maybe just write this as a quarter note, like you do in m3-5 LH. Or write m3-5 LH beat 1.5 as 8th notes.
  • m47, 217 RH: Fermata is close to/touching the note/accidental underneath.
  • m60 LH beat 4: I think there's an F between the Eb and G
  • m63 RH beat 4: I think there's an Ab in this chord somewhere
  • m64 RH beat 3: Should be F# instead of Gn here (augmented 6th chord) leading to G7 in m65).
  • m67 RH beat 3: Missing an Eb here (under the F#).
  • m68 RH beat 1: This is a G7sus4 chord; I would recommend having the lower note in Layer 2 also be F, since the G is already doubled in the LH and in the melody. You could also add a D here and/or on beat 3 if you want.
  • m73 RH beat 1: I'm assuming you meant these noteheads to overlap.
  • m78 RH beat 3: Missing Gb (Ab7 chord)
  • m79 RH beat 1.5: The D in the melody sounds like it should be an octave higher than what you have written.
  • m87 LH beat 4.5: Staccato should be flipped.
  • m88 RH beats 3-4: Should be a dotted half rest.
  • m101-103: The 8th notes should be beamed over the 8th rest, to keep the 3+2+2 division.
  • m105, 109 LH: The bass voice goes F to Eb here instead of C to Bb. I'm assuming you wanted to keep the range of the chords in that lower register, but I think it'd sound fine by just removing the low C and Bb. Up to you though
  • m120, 124, 128, 132 beats 2.5 and 4.5 LH: These bass notes sound a bit longer than an 8th note, more like a quarter/dotted quarter length.
  • m121, 125, 129, 133 beat 4: These quarter sound long/tenuto to me, much like your original "Boss: Lady Maud" sheet.
  • m122, 126, 130, 134 beats 3 and 4.5 LH: These bass notes also sound a bit longer to me.
  • A general comment about articulations; when you have a lot of staccatos and have a couple unarticulated notes that are meant to be played long, I think it's usually a good idea to use slurs or tenuto markings to let the player know. m123 RH is a good example of this - beat 2 will likely be played staccato on a first read since it's unmarked; or worse it could be interpreted as a printing error and ignored entirely. There are several other spots throughout the sheet similar to this.
  • m144 RH: The rhythm here is two quarter notes, not two 8th notes.
  • m145 RH beat 3: The violin has a triplet pickup here leading into m146, different notes than the accordion part you wrote down.
  • m157 RH: Missing grace notes here
  • m160-189 beat 2.5: Maybe rewrite these as the standard 8th-tie-quarter. There's a bit of syncopation happening here, but nothing that I think necessitates 6/8 groupings.
  • m216: It'd be nice if all these text markings were aligned.
  • In general, the top of each page is squished. On page 3 for example, the rit. and a tempo text are above the bottom of the title and page number; they should be below. You have enough room on each page to bring things down a bit.
...I think that's it, nice work

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Static on May 22, 2022, 03:23:33 PM
  • I disagree with several of your articulations/note lengths. For example, beat 3 of m2-5 (RH and LH) sound staccato me, and beat 1 of m7-9 LH sounds legato. There are other spots like this throughout the sheet, so maybe it'd be worth looking it over on your own. I can give you some additional suggestions if you want though.
I did listen through and change some of them, but in general a lot of this stuff sounds short or staccato to me 😅

• m22, 52, 144, etc.: I think it would be better to hide the duplet "2" markings, and show the "straight 8ths" text, instead of the other way around. This would be consistent with other sections of the sheet as well.
The reason I did duplets in the first place was because I didn't think switching to straight eighths for a bar or two looked all that nice (I think it looks cleaner this way). I also had some people sight read it and they didn't have any problems understanding the duplets.

• m73 RH beat 1: I'm assuming you meant these noteheads to overlap.
Oops, I must've screwed it up last time I edited it

• m160-189 beat 2.5: Maybe rewrite these as the standard 8th-tie-quarter. There's a bit of syncopation happening here, but nothing that I think necessitates 6/8 groupings.
I also changed that notation in other spots throughout the sheet.

Updated.[/list][/list][/list][/list]

Static

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on May 24, 2022, 07:05:27 AMI did listen through and change some of them, but in general a lot of this stuff sounds short or staccato to me 😅
tbh that's fine, use your own judgement there - a lot of these articulation decisions are more stylistic/up to interpretation anyway. There were just a few spots I thought were noticeably different from the original.

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on May 24, 2022, 07:05:27 AMThe reason I did duplets in the first place was because I didn't think switching to straight eighths for a bar or two looked all that nice (I think it looks cleaner this way). I also had some people sight read it and they didn't have any problems understanding the duplets.
Yeah, that makes sense.

Rest of the changes look good, I'm assuming you preferred keeping m145 the same - that works. I'll accept

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot