Series: Other
Game: GoldenEye 007
Console: Nintendo 64
Title: Antenna Cradle
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Kricketune54

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kricketune54

Fixed a goof-up where I thought there was a 2/4 bar, fixed the LH part leading up to m17 to fix that mistake

XiaoMigros

• Maybe to make the first few measures before the bass comes in seem less empty you could include the high beeps
  • from m17 onwards I think the LH could do with some accents, the low Es sound like they should be emphasised more than the other notes in the line
  • ms 49-64: I don't think the clef change in the RH is necessary, as it's clearly playing octaves and the higher B is easily readable. However, it is a lot of ledger lines so I'm not sure.
  • ms 65-80: I think the middle notes that add harmony are suspended longer, maybe you could restrike them or move them to a separate layer
  • ms 81-96: I'd include more of the lower layer here, it would still be playable
  • I'd write the whole left hand under an ottava, in particular those low Es are possible, though a bit annoying, to read, and aside from the very beginning the part you wrote stays pretty low (it doesnt ever go within the 5 staff lines)

Kricketune54

Thank you for the feedback!

Quote from: XiaoMigros on April 04, 2022, 11:01:30 AM
  • Maybe to make the first few measures before the bass comes in seem less empty you could include the high beeps

Assuming you are referring to the triangle part.  I'm currently agnostic on putting it in because to me the high G pitch doesn't fit well over the chord notes (would like to note that m3 LH beat 1 is intentionally lengthened that way).  But, I have included it for the first 4 bars; would appreciate further dialogue on this if others agree with Xiao tho

• from m17 onwards I think the LH could do with some accents, the low Es sound like they should be emphasised more than the other notes in the line
added

• ms 49-64: I don't think the clef change in the RH is necessary, as it's clearly playing octaves and the higher B is easily readable. However, it is a lot of ledger lines so I'm not sure.

I've kept the cleff change for 63-64 but otherwise everything is now in bass clef for this section

• ms 65-80: I think the middle notes that add harmony are suspended longer, maybe you could restrike them or move them to a separate layer

As kind of indicated on discord, I knew this but didn't really know how to make it look neat given how the second layer is nestled between the first layer.  I've done my best to show this though and i think it makes sense to accurately reflect the song here

• ms 81-96: I'd include more of the lower layer here, it would still be playable

Updated this as well, let me know if you had different ideas/suggestions for this part

• I'd write the whole left hand under an ottava, in particular those low Es are possible, though a bit annoying, to read, and aside from the very beginning the part you wrote stays pretty low (it doesnt ever go within the 5 staff lines)

Yeah I agree it does get a bit low.  Fixed this as well

Also added text "Driving Rock" at 25, which is where the feel of the song changes with the drumming added

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Kricketune54 on April 07, 2022, 09:26:18 AMAlso added text "Driving Rock" at 25, which is where the feel of the song changes with the drumming added
I'm questioning the sense of having this in the sheet, while there is a noticeable feel change in the original this isn't currently reflected in the sheet, so it looks a bit out of place. If anything you could help show the change with dynamics maybe?

Kricketune54

Yeah when adding that I realized it's not really doing anything for the player than mindset.  As an addition I've added percussion notes there with the instruction that the player should pat their knee to match the drum pattern there. 

If this is viewed as too one-off (kina like the triangle part), I'll just remove all the flavor text at this part and this drum bit

Static

• m3 beat 2: I hear a triangle note here too
  • m61-65: Maybe put a crescendo in m61-64, and forte in m65. It gets noticeably louder there.
  • m65-80 RH: You can use the Tie Tool to adjust those middle whole note ties so they aren't touching other notes and stuff.
  • m67 LH and similar: B#s should be Cns (so it matches the Bbs before).
  • m96: Keep in mind that when playing the D.C., the performer will have to move their LH up like 3-4 octaves in the time of an 8th note to reach the stuff in m1. I'd get rid of the last 8th note in m96 at the very least.

Kricketune54

• m3 beat 2: I hear a triangle note here too
    • m61-65: Maybe put a crescendo in m61-64, and forte in m65. It gets noticeably louder there.
    added
    • m65-80 RH: You can use the Tie Tool to adjust those middle whole note ties so they aren't touching other notes and stuff.
    Messaged Static on Discord, I have made some judgement calls on where the tie would better be flipped but I also moved all of the ties away from the notes a little and changed their heights a bit more

• m67 LH and similar: B#s should be Cns (so it matches the Bbs before).
    Yeah I had changed these based off Xiao's feedback about B#'s but I think I changed more than they intended.  Updated

• m96: Keep in mind that when playing the D.C., the performer will have to move their LH up like 3-4 octaves in the time of an 8th note to reach the stuff in m1. I'd get rid of the last 8th note in m96 at the very least.
    Very good point, and I think this works well. 

New files are up

Static

All looks good, the only thing I have to say is that the tie in m73 RH is still touching the note above it. I'll approve, but make sure you take care of that

Bloop

Just a few small comments from me aside from Static's thing mentioned above:
    -m1: I feel like this E octave could hit a bit harder if it was two octaves down (meaning written one octave down and not in the 8va)
    -There should be a double barline after the key change in m64, and, if possible, you could try to compile a cautionary key change to Em at the end of the final bar

Kricketune54

Bloop

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bloop.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot