[DELETED] [ARCADE] The Tower of Druaga - "Music from The Tower of Druaga" by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, June 16, 2022, 04:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: The Tower of Druaga
Console: Arcade
Title: Music from The Tower of Druaga
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

LeviR.star

Before reviewing commences, I'd like to point a few things out for the updaters:

- while the above video has many of the tracks found within The Tower of Druaga, it is not a complete collection, so don't use it. I've gone through the trouble of compiling a Dropbox folder of audio files downloaded from KHInsider, which includes not only the tracks missing from the YouTube source, but also additional short fanfares and sound effects I've added to the sheet
- between pg. 4 and 6, several of the titles are pending changes . I've yet to do more research on them (i.e. whether or not "Name Entry" plays in-game if the player gets a high score but does not reach the end of the game), but for now, they'll do just fine as temporary labels
- I know this decision may be controversial, but I've based the melody of "Stage Theme" off of all subsequent versions' renditions of the track. Just take a listen to the NES version or the PC Engine version (which is very close to the original, I might add). Or just watch this comparison video; you'll find that both the outsourced and in-house ports/remakes of the game do the same. My reasoning behind this is that the melody borrows notes from the chords, so when separated from the accompaniment, it sounds very disjointed and awkward, especially on piano. But if I must sacrifice practicality for accuracy, I'll remove the notes that aren't actually there

That's all I have to say right now. Let me know if you have any questions for me!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Libera

I'll be honest, this seems like way too much for one sheet.  Some of these pieces are not really all that short and I don't think it's fair (or something to be encouraged) to have all of this stuff bundled together into a single sheet.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Libera on June 16, 2022, 05:20:21 PMI'll be honest, this seems like way too much for one sheet.  Some of these pieces are not really all that short and I don't think it's fair (or something to be encouraged) to have all of this stuff bundled together into a single sheet.

I figured this might come up. Please, bear with me...

In my own defense, only one of these pieces (Stage Theme) necessitates more than one page of space. I've compiled all of these in this way so that they can easily be organized into a medley. With Mappy, I felt splitting the OST into separate tracks was surely necessary, but here, I don't, because several of them are of approximately equal length. With all due respect, NinSheetMusic is not unfamiliar with 7+ page sheets, and I don't think my collection here should be excluded from this distinction; after all, this collection sheet is six pages long, one less than mine.

However, if my sheet should be rejected from the submissions process, I won't protest any further.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

XiaoMigros

In my honest opinion this is also too much, you should submit the ones roughly a page long (Name Entry, Ishtar, Druaga, Quox & Stage Theme) separately. I see the "Miscellaneous Themes" as justified because the individual themes hold too little value to be submitted on their own, but I don't think this is the case for page-long, looped tracks. Sorry, Levi.

LeviR.star

Quote from: XiaoMigros on June 16, 2022, 11:00:24 PMIn my honest opinion this is also too much, you should submit the ones roughly a page long (Name Entry, Ishtar, Druaga, Quox & Stage Theme) separately. I see the "Miscellaneous Themes" as justified because the individual themes hold too little value to be submitted on their own, but I don't think this is the case for page-long, looped tracks. Sorry, Levi.

Okay, I understand now. You're right, I was pushing the envelope on this submission. Not sure if I want to submit "Stage Theme" by itself right now (or at all, since it's not all that notable on its own), but I'll surely be sending this to the archive and splitting it up for my PA. Thank you for your time.